330mm big brake kit

Ashton, its your money and TBH, if I had £ spare, I'd have a set...but I couldn't live with the rattle, sounds bloody awful. The rattle seems really hit and miss cause Paul at RST's (same set-up) and he's doesn't rattle at all, but Jonesy right, there is a good few on MS that have said that their's do?

Theres always non-floating Godspeed at £500?

Are these discs really worth that money ?

I'd say yes, as FMP points out they will give you far more stopping power than the std set up.

They will also take off more time from your lap than a say an exhaust or cams which can cost around the same. So pound for pound a big brake kit is one of the best mods you can do

Ashton - it will be some of the best money you ever spend.

Well I am on std discs at the mo which are shagged. Ds2500 pads that are about done. Std fluid and std hoses

I'm due at ktec to have the pf330mm setup with new ds2500 pads all round with new braided lines and Motul fluid

Not mention new kw v3s, mapping, and my 2nd year service.

Hopefully I should feel the difference

mine came from ktec and dont rattle at all.

never heard a set that does personally, i am guessing they have thiers setup differently?!

Just looked at the Godspeed set up. Looks the same as ktecs. What am I missing? Is it this washer business?

Well with standard set up , with megane discs and ds2500 I could out brake everything so I'd imagine that set up to be nearly twice as good!. Amount time can take out people under braking will out way remap or induction etc on these cars like fernandez says

If can sort the rattle then these are bargin really. And sure can be sorted as know few lads who running floating disc's on AP 6 pots and they have no rattling issues.

Godspeed.....Non-floating.

TBH, PF's are not gonna make it worst, and sometimes we all do stuff to our cars because we just want to spend the money on 'the best' that we can afford and without any logic or application of science. E.g. The Cup spoiler isn't gonna really help with downforce.

Equally people forget even if you buy the latest Nike's, still wont make you play any better or turn you into Ronaldo....Therefore, so not sure about Bigger Brakes helping with laps times (£), I guessing track day lessons are better (£) spent in that instance.

If my brakes were snagged, and I had the money, PF's for me (without the rattles)

Last edited:
Plus the pads? So that's another 100 plus?

If those brakes have not been fitted properly, and are now potentially 'damaged' (pads might f**ked too), I'd sooner save the extra, and get a set with warranty. Not cheap enough to take a gamble at that price secondhand.....

Last edited:
Well il keep you guys posted throught the day on Wednesday.

Can't wait to try the v3s too. What's people thoughts on fast toad setup on these?

They (The Pf 330mm discs) are fudging awesome. Biggest improvement ive made to the car. Makes the biggest difference to track driving. They took a 2.5 hour hammering at Knockhill non stop and didnt fade one bit.

If those brakes have not been fitted properly, and are now potentially 'damaged' (pads might f**ked too), I'd sooner save the extra, and get a set with warranty. Not cheap enough to take a gamble at that price secondhand.....

Exactly this but just coukdnt be asked to say it lol

Just spoke to one the lads. He's put spring clips on and the rattlling went. Cheap fix as they aren't much

And just cus they rattle doesn't mean the pads will be fooked lol. They will be fine.

The rattle will be summit like springs on wrong or bolts not set to right torque setting.

Last edited:
surely if they are rattling then there's metal to metal contact somewhere which in time must wear parts and make the rattling worse