Cazan Racing 330mm brake disks + Ferodo DS1.11 = ruined pads

Hi all!
I need some advise.
I'm currently running Cazan Racing 330mm brake disks with Ferodo Racing DS1.11 pads.
After a couple of track days (it wasn't even a hardcore track I normally go to) I had my inner side pads ruined. Please check the picture below.
I used to go to this track with my stock rotors + EBC Yellow staff and never had any issues.
What could be wrong this time? Any advise appreciated.
PS. I'm also wondering what are those silver metal dots on the pad's surface?

Attachments

• oarAK4FsOFE.jpg
    oarAK4FsOFE.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 154
those reyland 330 disks haven't got a very good reputation on the megane forum.

madlynx have you got any pics of the disc?

No pics of the disk yet, but it looks the same way as the ruined pad :worried:
I'll try to take pictures tomorrow.
Any thoughts in regards to what could cause this? And what should I do next?..
Thanks in advance.

Had these disks and pads fitted 2 months ago. And covered 2k miles since fitting. 2 track days.
Thanks for the link. I'm very disappointed and feel cheated.
So Cazan Racing disks turns out to be BMW X5 disks??? I thought they were made specifically for track days...

Last edited:
yep doesn't sound gd does it.. im glad i looked into it before buying them. If the disks are wrecked after 2k miles ide be making contact with Reyland to be honest mate and seeing what they say?

I bough them from Cazan Racing and I've already PMed Fernandez. We'll see what happens.

Any other ideas or suggestions are very welcome :smile:

We will have to keep an eye on the ones fitted to [MENTION=6967]Chris_200CUP[/MENTION] car. At present using DS2500's, soon to be RS29's. No issues so far. He also fitted a set to his previous AG Cup and we didn't have any issues then either.

I did say to Chris that the disks were not of great quality due to the straight vane casting.

We will have to keep an eye on the ones fitted to @Chris_200CUP car. At present using DS2500's, soon to be RS29's. No issues so far. He also fitted a set to his previous AG Cup and we didn't have any issues then either.

I did say to Chris that the disks were not of great quality due to the straight vane casting.

Any track miles on those? DS2500 isn't so aggressive as DS1.11. I'm thinking about skimming the disks and fitting EBC yellow staff (got them from my last setup) as a temp solution. What do you guys think?

Any track miles on those? DS2500 isn't so aggressive as DS1.11. I'm thinking about skimming the disks and fitting EBC yellow staff (got them from my last setup) as a temp solution. What do you guys think?

Yep - full day at Oulton with 2 drivers, evening at Cadwell and the first round of time attack at Cadwell and so far so good. Chris is fitting RS29's to gain more initial bite

Well, I guess I'm the lucky one))
Maybe Fernandez will clarify something here.

Any other ideas or inputs are highly appreciated.

Nothing special but everything was done according to the manual. And yes, everything was fitted properly and everything was OK according to my mechanic.

I guess I'm lucky. It appears that Cazan Racing is no longer trading :worried:

Fernandez may still be able to assist but he is no longer trading - if not have a chat with Reyland, they may be able to offer advice / a goodwill gesture

You'll get good service from [MENTION=1272]Fernandez[/MENTION] No need to worry about that [MENTION=51010]madlynx[/MENTION] Just give him time to get back to you :smile:

I'm sure I will. He was very helpful at all times.
I'm wondering are there any other replacement rotors I can get (made by different brands like AP racing or PF) that would fit the Reyland/Cazan setup without any major modifications?

Tbh you get what you pay for. The Meg people complaining that the discs are straight vane cast pagid's - well wtf did they expect for £500 all in. You want proper 2-piece discs with a high grade rotor and you're paying PF money. Godspeed aren't curved vane, and Godspeed don't have a consistent reputation at all from the research I conducted before buying a set of 330's (I went Reyland too).
The bolt spacing I was told on the Reyland is the same as AP, so it should be possible to put a higher grade rotor on at a later stage. Hopefully nothing complicated like different offsets need to be accounted for?

However the poor machining and runout that one Meg guy experianced is very poor. I'm pretty sure my bells are ok as I have no vibrations, but the horrible clicking noise I have is making me think it might be poorly machined 'J' groves in the rotors?

Anyway I'll be beating the **** out of them on track soon with Yellowstuff so hopefully I'll kill the rotors in a couple of trackdays with a view to looking at some AP replacements.

I can't say that 500 is exactly cheap. It's not floating setup like PF hence some money saving has to be appropriate.
Also, I've read loads of reviews about PF, Godspeed and Reyland b4 buying - all of them had problems!) You can't find a perfect solution even when paying silly money.
So I went for the Cazan/Reyland expecting a decent quality.

You mentioned a clicking noise... In what condition it's happening?? I might have the same :smile: