330mm big brake kit

N0ddie

Platinum Member
Just a quick one. Has anyone on here had any experience with the K-Tech 330mm big brake kit?

Not seen many people with it just wanted any reviews. How tight do they fit under the Clios 17s? Will running 17" OZ Ultraleggeras fit over them?

I'm sure Simoxmino got them under OZ 17s... He also got them under OEM 197 wheels. JUST!

I think some clever positioning of the balance weights was needed though in both cases.

Yeah, standard Calipers, you just need a spacer for where they mount to the Hub. :smile:

What's wrong with standard brakes and upgraded pads and fluid ?

I've had no issues on road or track with OEM Pads & Discs, HEL Hoses & Millers Race Fluid 300+.

But, it's horses for courses. :smile:

Nothing tbh. Will be needing new discs and that soon so thought why not spend the extra couple of bob on upgraded parts?

Same thing with me looking at adding Cams when the Cambelt gets changed... Don't neeed, but tempting. :smiley:

suppose after spending big £££ on the last car im thinking if it aint broke dont fix it i mean replacment dics will be what £300 copared to 150 for standard ?

What's wrong with standard brakes and upgraded pads and fluid ?

larger disc = better braking force

two piece disc = lighter

steel disc & alloy bell = less heat transfer to hub

looks = badass! :001_rolleyes:

larger disc = better braking force

two piece disc = lighter

steel disc & alloy bell = less heat transfer to hub

looks = badass! :001_rolleyes:

After a quick search for "330mm Brakes" on here I seen that you had asked this question before.

Did you find any definitive answers on the subject?

someone might need to talk to you about gash coilovers tho, nice big brakes, i know someone with a highly tunned corsa vxr thats got them :smile:

someone might need to talk to you about gash coilovers tho, nice big brakes, i know someone with a highly tunned corsa vxr thats got them :smile:

Coiloers lasted a week then changed to bilstein b8 dampers

That kit is custom - only one other kit like it and thats bolted to Bo nielsens time attack Astra Vxr :smile: do he does not have them :wink:

These are 356x36mm with 6 pot Alcon calipers custom bells from forge Motorsport and Alcon bobbins and bolts custom made brackets

two piece discs are ace, but I don't see the need in going larger, just makes life more complicated when it comes to getting wheels balanced, etc.