330mm big brake kit

They are 330mm btw

330mm big front disc kit for all Megane RS models including the 225, F1, R26, R26.R and 175 DCi as well as the Clio 3 RS models including the 197, R27, 200, 200 Cup and Gordini. Testing has found that this kit wil easily fit behind the Megane RS 18" wheels but it will also fit behind the standard* 17" wheels fitted to the Clio 3 RS models.

They work with the original Brembo 4 pot calipers.

The kit uses a pair of Performance Friction slotted 330mm rotors which are made from high carbon alloy with copper and molbdenum for high temperature strength, they are then heat treated for micro structure alignment and durability. They are then tested for run out to a tollerance of less than .0005 inches. The rotors also feature handed vanes to reduce thermal warping and vibration.

The rotors are then fitted to the car using the Performance Fritction V2 fully floating mounting system. For road use this uses Belleville washers under the retaining ring to give all the benefits of a fully floating rotor but without the rattling associated with this type of set up, this keeps the brakes nice and quiet for road use. Those wanting to use the discs for a full race application can simply remove the washers. The special alloy bell design prevents heat transfer through to the wheel hubs and also means that once the discs need replacing it is only the rotors that need to be changed, not the complete assembly.
Kit was taken off the car as I found it to be a little overkill for my road needs. It also suffered from rattle that some people can deal with but I sadly can't. When investigating further it appeared the bolts may have needed tightening but rather than soldier on with that I fitted stock discs and pads so someone else can appreciate this kit for what it is - a phenomenal system of stopping power and looks.

This kit is almost £750 delivered on various websites, so grab a bargain.

Full kit including pads: £500
Excluding pads: £440

typo error

Rest post -

* Only covered 3500 miles *

kit includes 1 pair of slotted rotors with fully floating alloy bells, Belleville washers and fittings, 1 pair of alloy machined caliper brackets, 2 pairs of high tensile caliper bolts and a full set of DS2500 pads which are pretty much as new.

Last edited:
For road use this uses Belleville washers under the retaining ring to give all the benefits of a fully floating rotor but without the rattling associated with this type of set up

was taken off the car as I found it to be a little overkill for my road needs. It also suffered from rattle that some people can deal with but I sadly can't

errrr am I missing something here??

Last edited:
there has ben a fair few megane boy that have rattles, tho the guy sutch on megane, sounds like his are falling off

Sorry, yep brakes sound like they're about to fall off. He also posted a thread about them. With a cheeky low bid, I offered to buy them until I heard the rattle.....!!!

yeah i've heard floating disks on my mates trials bike and it was bad enough on that,...i've got to ask,is there any real need for them on a clio?...i mean the brakes are bloody good anyway if looked after

Hmmm I was due to have this kit fitted at ktec on Wednesday. Am I making a mistake?

Hmmm I was due to have this kit fitted at ktec on Wednesday. Am I making a mistake?

Yes Ashton, you should get some 18" alloys and fit the K-Sport 356mm brake kit :wink: As a non floating kit they won't rattle.

Last edited:
you can run the discs floating or non floating by removing washers (as far as i am aware).

whilst the standard setup can be made good, they will NEVER compare to using this setup. whether you have 200bhp or 350bhp, better brakes will always benefit you.

Ashton - it will be some of the best money you ever spend.