06 Albi Blue 197

Well the little car got its first drive for about a week today, took it to the RR day at RS Tuning. The results were probably about what I expected @ 176.4BHP, I would have liked 180+, but can't really complain, the curve was relatively smooth, and the car is quick enough to drive, so at the end of the day it is just a number.

I saw 2 200's get tried, one made 181, the other 191 (interestingly with it's airbox lid removed?), so my 176 isn't too bad. I plan on taking it back when I have had the APD inlets fitted, to see if they make any difference. I think a couple more 197's rolled in just as I was leaving, so it would be interesting to know what they made.

I will get the graphs scanned on Monday, but in the meantime here are a couple of (rather poor Blackberry) pics of the car on the rollers;

2010-12-04002a.jpg

2010-12-04003.jpg

A good service can add on a few more bhp mate, That's if it needs serviced, As long as your happy bud then thats the main thing,

There was a queue outside the carpark after work last night, so while I was waiting I decided to try taking some dodgy pics;

2010-12-10009a.jpg

2010-12-10010.jpg

These are the best of a bad lot, really need a better camera (and perhaps a better photographer...) for this kind of thing.

Car looks awesome mate. Done some good work to it and maintained it really well. I am saving up for exactly the same in Albi blue. Targetting on getting the 197 around July/August time. :smiley:

Keep us posted.

Just changed my spark plugs, great service from Opie Oils for the new ones, think they cost just over £37.

The car had a 72k service in May, around 6,500 miles ago, shortly before I got it, and I think these should include plugs, however these bad boys look older than that...

2010-12-12001.jpg

2010-12-12002.jpg

To be fair it was driving ok with the old plugs, but they may have contributed to it being a bit under power on the RR.

I changed my plugs at about 26k (3 years) and they looked almost as clean as the new ones I put in. Would guess those are the original plugs you've taken out

hows it driving on the new plugs. you will end up getting it RR again to see if it made a difference, lol.

The thought had crossed my mind! Doesn't seem to drive any different though TBH, I was a touch paranoid when I first struck it up as it sounded slightly lumpy, but then it hadn't been driven for 24hrs, and parked outside the engine was quite cold. A quick run out in it confirmed that it seems to be driving perfectly well, but not noticeably different.