06 Albi Blue 197

They will be ok, you will never get the same quality and quantity of bass that you get from a larger driver though.

So, couple of minor developments;

Managed to leave one of my key cards in my jeans the other day, I was only alterted to it by my wife questioning the knocking noise from the dryer - miraculously though it still seemed to work, which I think was a bonus and has saved me some messing about.

I have a second inlet manifold which was port matched by APD a month or so ago. Unfortunately when I received it back the vac nipple by the TB was badly bent and cracked, and snapped off when I tried to straighten it. I have hopefully found somewhere that can sort it though, watch this space.

On the subject of the manifold, I am planning on getting it powder coated, and am open to suggestions, I am currently torn between anthracite, bright red, or a bright / candy blue? While I obviously want it to look good under the bonnet (with blue silicon hoses), I don't want to limit it's appeal when I put the car back to standard and come to sell it (the inlet). Also I am not planning on getting the lower inlet coated as you can barely see it, does this sound sensible, or cheap?

Finally, in preparation for all of this, I set to removing the "Renault Sport" badge today, as follows;

Fan assisted oven @ 200C for 10min, then carefully remove using a wallpaper scraper. Once cooled, removed adhesive by rubbing, using brake cleaner to soften.

It has come off very well, and should be fine to refit once the manifold is powder coated.

No pics yet, but I hope to get some once the vac nipple is replaced.

Pics;

2010-11-09001.jpg
inlet with badge removed

2010-11-09009.jpg
upper and lower

2010-11-09008.jpg
gasket on lower

2010-11-09007.jpg
gasket on upper

2010-11-09010.jpg
PTFE Vs OE gasket

2010-11-09011.jpg
PTFE Vs. inlet to head mating face

Of course these pics would mean more when compared with an unmodified mani, but those pics will have to wait.

I don't think the powder coating will alter the characteristics noticably.

To take the badge off I stuck the inlet in the oven for 10min at 200C, that was fan assisted, conventional ovens may need slightly longer at a higher temp.

Thanks!

Ok, so todays progress (impressive for 10:50, but I should probably have been doing work...).

Turns out the car had a new mid section last year, work done by a Renault dealer, so assume it is genuine, hope to get that sorted tomorrow, along with new 'stat. Also I have ordered a used interior, used standard Clio steering wheel (so existing one can be sent off for retrim), new thermostat, new wheel brace and new o/s door handle.

Once that is done, and the various parts fitted, there will just be a couple of minor dents, the wheel refurbs, and a good polish, and we should be about there!

Well done so far mate with the progress. :smiley: I am saving up for an Albi blue 197 mate. :smiley: Can't wait!! :smiley:

I can't find the camskill website, could you please send a link to it?

There was a rear diffuser on ebay for 100 squids, nt sure if it's on there still mate, but worth looking at if ur still interested in getting it sorted. :smile:

Thanks for the thread- just spent the last hour reading it :cloud9:

Looks like i found where my wheels are going to be refurbed in the process :clap:

Most welcome, hope you enjoyed reading.

As an aside, when I get my spare wheels refurbished, I might offer an exchange program for £170, where you exchange your kurbed but straight wheels for my refurbished wheels - could save the aggro of having the car off the road while the wheels are being redone.

Hey mate, nice work on the car.

Whats the difference /benefit of - PTFE Vs OE gasket?

Cheers

No, I got it from Craig @ APD, to complement my port matched inlet manifold. I think he has them on eBay as well @ circa £40+p&p, but PM him on here and he may well do you a deal.

Nice one mate thanks for the info!! Getting cams remap and Inlets on mine soon so I'll add this in! :smile:

Well, I have to replace it anyway, so it isn't any extra work.

Right, I have just made some rally style mudflaps for the front of the car, started off with some 4mm black rally flap material, made a template using cardboard, and fited into place using two self-tappers, the original screw for the liner, and two Ford mudflap clamps that I had knocking around.

2010-11-26001.jpg

2010-11-26002.jpg

2010-11-26003.jpg

2010-11-26004.jpg

2010-11-26005.jpg

2010-11-26006.jpg

2010-11-26007.jpg

2010-11-26008.jpg

2010-11-26009.jpg

If I am critical, I haven't quite got the angle right, the bottom corner sticks out a touch too far, but at this time of year that is no great problem, I will probably give them a tweek at some point. Good news is that both came out of a single piece of rally flap material, so I have some left to have a crack at the rears.