Gutted, annoyed and feel like crying!

going to ask my son in law mate he is a mechanic and they got a body shop he just had his megan done.fantastic job theyve done on it.will get him to show them your pics on the net of your car an see what they say
they are walsall based mate.might be able to get mates rates

Ye ok then, that'd be good if you could, I'd appreciate it. I'm going to get some prices from a couple of places and see what is the best and most cost effective thing to do.

So I took my car to Midlands Detailing tonight and spoke to Paul and Martin. They have basically said that the paint is now in a worse condition than it would have been with the scratch. It needs to go to a body shop now to have it done properly. So they can't do it. They were really nice guys and they didn't offer to do the job because they knew they couldn't do it. So they are nice and honest. They have told me to ask Matt for my money back because the job is terrible. Go to get some prices now for the work. :worried:

All in all, I'm very pissed off.

thinking this is going to cost you mega bucks mate:@
spoke to my son in law tonite his place said it would cost a fortune
but would like to see it first.try RAINBOW RESPRAYS id brierly hill ment to be pritty good.sorry i couldnt help mate

When you say mega bucks, how much are you talking? I've been given the phone number of a company called Carsmetic by Martin and Paul from Midlands Detailing. They have recommended the company from the work they have seen.

think we talking hundreds mate
depends on who does it for you but all i would say is
make sure you get a proper job by a respectable company
so if you dont think its right you dont have to pay till it is
dont go down the patch it up root or you will end up with
a car that looks ****

Don't worry, I'm going to get it done properly! Hundreds as in above £500? I just need to find somewhere that lots of people can recommend. I might try that Carsmetic place and get a quote from them. My dad knows someone he used to work with that works at a body shop or something, so I'm going to ask him or the company he works for, for a quote too.

It's difficult to pick up on the camera because it is all red now. It was easy to see before because the scratch was white on red. You can't really see the over spray or the run paint on the picture.

All I would say is don't accept any masking out only use somewhere that is going to strip it down. Ask what they are going to do around the black B pillar. They should take the black stuff off and replace it after spraying( or could take it off both sides)

I just don't know what to say mate, I'm even more gutted for you :worried:

I'm sure that it will be looking good soon, but it will cost, that is the mega mega downside.

Glad you are using an older car to go to dogier places - thats what we do - anywhere like a multistorey or supermarket, the black clio 1,4 comes out.

All the best mate :smile:

Ok, I'll ask anyone who's willing to do it what they intend to do with it. Can't afford it but the credit card might have to come out. What a flipping pain. I've PMed Woody to ask for some money back, but I don't know if he will or not.

Ye the 406 is a beast of a car! It's huge but i love it! It's a 2.0 petrol so it doesn't go too bad and the boot will take anything! After driving the Clio the ride is so comfortable! The only problem is that because it's mine and my dad's car, so he uses it quite often to go to work and back, saving using his Audi.

Ok, I'll ask anyone who's willing to do it what they intend to do with it. Can't afford it but the credit card might have to come out. What a flipping pain. I've PMed Woody to ask for some money back, but I don't know if he will or not.

Ye the 406 is a beast of a car! It's huge but i love it! It's a 2.0 petrol so it doesn't go too bad and the boot will take anything! After driving the Clio the ride is so comfortable! The only problem is that because it's mine and my dad's car, so he uses it quite often to go to work and back, saving using his Audi.

Gutted for you even more mate, I hope who ever you get to do it does a spot on job. Just make sure you don’t accept the car back until you are happy.

Don't want to jump in with out knowing the facts but all I will say is if I left runs in the paint or even left it like it has been left I would not have charged you.

Good luck in getting it sorted.

Last edited:
Do you do repairs too then mate? I did feel sorry for him because he'd come a long way and his girlfriend was giving him some ear ache! But the job should have been better. When he left it was nearly dark and I couldn't see quite what was going on. I knew it wasn't perfect, but I didn't realise it was that bad!

you could claim off your insurance for being keyed(just dont tell them about the attempted repair)

When I had a door ding I took it to Renault for a quote to get it knocked out and repaired - they said it would need a respray too. The quote they gave me was £575 but that included getting the dent out and £108 for the F1 Decal too so I think you could get it done by a Renault bodyshop for £350 if you need to. Obviously they will be more expensive than elsewhere but the decision is yours really. I wouldn't be paying too much and I would have thought going this way would be cheaper than your insurance excess, then there is possibility of losing no claims etc.

cost me £300 to get my front bumper sprayed so that seems a bit cheap to get the complete side of a car painted.
it will need more than just blowing over due to the scratch depth.

Yeah maybe so, its just the quote I was given by the bodyshop and I have knocked off the bits that he wouldn't need i.e. decals.

Best thing you can do is get some quotes Arran see what they come out at and then play them off each other to get the price down.

If its down to the primer(white) on both sides a full respray along both sides would be needed,if during rub down it goes back to metal etch primer will be needed .You could be looking at £1750 for a good body shop to do.

It was never going to be repairable without a respray where the white primer was showing.

Last edited: