Gutted

Pav

with the nice weather we are having this weekend I thought I would give my car a proper wash..so got some cleaning products(on top what I already have)..this is the result.Already emailed CarPlan to complain.All 4 wheels are damaged by their product.Can this happen on custom sprayed rims??
18052014448.jpg
18052014449.jpg
18052014450.jpg
18052014451.jpg
18052014452.jpg
18052014453.jpg
18052014454.jpg
18052014455.jpg
18052014456.jpg
18052014457.jpg
this is what i used:
demon.jpg
not happy:worried:

my fault..well guess il have to respray them again cause dont expect any positive reply from Carplan..did them about 6 weeks ago so that should not be an issue..

What are they sprayed with and are there're any warnings on the bottle saying it will react with anything?

checked the the paint bottle and the cleaner one too..nothing mentioned there apart the usual stuff..keep away from children, flammable etc..nothing about not using certain products..same states on the cleaner bottle...well looks like spraying them again next week :jumpon:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310862181634?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

£920!! For 6 cans of paint

Did the product dry on the wheels? Have you tried putting more on and not letting it dry?

i know..the price is wrong for some reason..paid £25...instructions on the bottle:leave it for 1 minute and rinse with water...did as it says..never buy CarPlan again..

might have left it for more than a minute..didnt time it..didnt expect it would cause this mess..the funny thing is that no damage was caused to my caliper's paint..yeahh well,lesson learnt...
i did try to get the marks off..but it would mean scratching the paint..might as well spray them again...if anything it should be stated on the bottle,dont use on custom sprayed rims or something like that..instead it says"suitable on all types of rims"..

Last edited:
Have a look at the small print I had something similar happen to my Black Mk1 Astra GTE years ago and the shampoo. I used said DO NOT APPLY IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT on the bottle ( just a thaugt)

s### one though fella :worried:

I tried the carplan snow foam a while back which left a similar residue to that, don't rate their stuff at all.
have u tried a little polish/compound on the rims

Have a look at the small print I had something similar happen to my Black Mk1 Astra GTE years ago and the shampoo. I used said DO NOT APPLY IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT on the bottle ( just a thaugt)

s### one though fella :worried:
there is nothing mentioned on the bottle..just a recommendation:test on an inconspicuous area first to ensure compatibility..guess i should have done that..still cant get my head round it..a product on the market that can cause this..and it cost £6..not a lot but had some stuff from poundshop that worked better..

I tried the carplan snow foam a while back which left a similar residue to that, don't rate their stuff at all.
guess i learnt my lesson..what would u recommend??did it work on urs??

as Edster says I would try a bit of t-cut or colour magic before getting them painted again :smile:

just tried to apply some meguiars polish compound and it got it a bit better..but it will never be the same...thanks guys for ur advice :jase:

try re applying the car plan mate, tbh £6 is a lot of money for that! i'd have expected it at 59p tops. Compare that to something like Bilberry Wheel Cleaner at £25 for 5ltr that you water down at 5-1. so your looking at £1 a ltr and its a far, far superior product.

Were the wheels lacquered after painting?

If not and its just bare paint on them i'm not too surprised that happened.

Were the wheels lacquered after painting?

If not and its just bare paint on them i'm not too surprised that happened.

no laquer..used it last time and its a ball ache to get it off,just in case u wanna spray them again, so I decided not to use it again..