Gutted, annoyed and feel like crying!

Arran

I Love Lamp
Platinum Member
I'm absolutely gutted, annoyed, angry and I think I might cry! I got back to my car earlier at the Merry Hill shopping centre, which was packed (had to drive around for 20 mins to find a space), so I took the first space available. It wasn't an end space, but the bays are quite accomedating so I wasn't too worried.

Anyway, got back to the car about 3 hours later and some ar**ho** has keyed right down the drivers side of my car! The drivers door and the rear quarter have been done. It has gone through to the white primer underneath.

I am so upset about it, I really feel like crying. :'(

I look after my car, I love it and polish it regularly. I respect other people's cars and someone has got the nerve to do this to me. I feel like c**p :worried: . I don't want to take it to the FCS either now.

I've contacted West Midlands Police who have been really good so far and the security who have been the same. They tell me the whole car park is covered by CCTV so they are going to look through it tonight. Hopefully they'll catch the bast***! :@

Does anyone know the best thing to do about getting it repaired?

Thanks in advance.

sounds like a re spray down 1 side mate. so many jealous ppl out thre how many panels is it over and how deep is it?

mate i work up there and i never ever take my car up there
if i can help it.the place is full of kids and chavs that dont
give a sh-t about your motors.lots of my work mates have had
the same done to theres
gutted for you mate:angry::angry::angry:
hope you get sorted

any pictures of the damage? im only asking for pictures cus if its not that deep i'd be able to blend it with ure paint and just fill the scratch avoiding the bodyshop alltogether.

I'll take some pics in a bit and put them on. I can see white and it runs across the drivers door, then there's a small gap and then it goes across the rear quarter and finishes under the fuel flap. It's one wavy line. It's deeper in one bit than the other. If I could get it done without a respray that'd be good.

the paint is v. thin on renaults and hard to patch up as its done very quickly in the factory it has an orange peel effect so any re-sprays/ touch ups flash when the light changes the white will be the undercoat showing through but this can be filled with the same colour paint and then cut back in to the original paintwork. its not 100% but i'd say 99% i did it on a blue punto 2 months back and it was un-noticable but red might be harder.

Ah no, that's horrible. There's no need for nobheads doing stuff like that, it's just jealousy.

Hopefully Mr. Woody will be able to sort it for you or at least save it a bit!!! :smile:

Is there any signs in the carpark that mention ''cars left at own risk'' etc?

Ah no, that's horrible. There's no need for nobheads doing stuff like that, it's just jealousy.

Hopefully Mr. Woody will be able to sort it for you or at least save it a bit!!! :smile:

Is there any signs in the carpark that mention ''cars left at own risk'' etc?
yes mate there all over the place
there forever doin it up there

****ter. If they know it's such a problem there then surely they should do something about security. :worried:

you would think so wudnt u. sometimes its about the cost of such security though.

Bloody hell mate. Sorry hear about it, would shoot someone ic done that to mh car the *******s. Never park to any who has baby seat in the back either pal . Let us know how the CCTV gets on

Pictures

Got some pictures of the damage, it is a bit difficult to make out because the car is wet, but I can post some more on when it's dry. Let me know what you think about if you would be able to sort it for me Woody.

This is the worst bit on the rear quarter.

DSCN2211.jpg

DSCN2208.jpg

The door isn't as bad.

DSCN2210.jpg

DSCN2209.jpg

DSCN2212.jpg

Thanks for the nice posts, I appreciate it.

Really sorry to see this. I know how you feel, I've had it done to me in the past.

Ruins the fun in driving the car in general whilst the scratch is still there. Learn from the mistake, don't park in multi's and hire someone to watch your car whilst you can't! ^^

I shivered when I saw those pics.

I categorically WILL NOT take my 197 to ANY public car park. Tesco down the road is the ONLY car park where I will leave her.

The black clio we have is nothing special, so that does most the shopping runs and car park work.

So gutted for you, truly am mate. Hope they catch the blighters that did it!

I shivered when I saw those pics.

I categorically WILL NOT take my 197 to ANY public car park. Tesco down the road is the ONLY car park where I will leave her.

The black clio we have is nothing special, so that does most the shopping runs and car park work.

So gutted for you, truly am mate. Hope they catch the blighters that did it!

Thanks Mike, I think I'll have to take my 12 year old 406 estate in future! The only problem is that if you don't use your car you end up paying for it to sit on the drive most of the time. It's a constant choice between taking the Clio and having risk and driving enjoyment or taking the 406, not being bothered about the risk but having no where near as much driving pleasure!

Thanks Mike, I think I'll have to take my 12 year old 406 estate in future! The only problem is that if you don't use your car you end up paying for it to sit on the drive most of the time. It's a constant choice between taking the Clio and having risk and driving enjoyment or taking the 406, not being bothered about the risk but having no where near as much driving pleasure!

Our 197 stays locked in the garage on work days! Yeah we pay for it, but then it makes it much more fun at the weekends and holidays! :smile:

Old cars = work horses while Roo Renault is locked in the garage :smile:

Ye I know what you mean. My dad uses the 406 to go to work to and his Audi TT gets the garage! I use my work van during the week for work, but I always like using the 197 for journeys over the weekend. I'm sure I'll feel better next week when I drive it to Barmouth!

Mate thats ****!! I cant stand people that do this, really winds me up!! I remember 3 days after pickin up my Brand new R27 someone threw something at it off a bridge denting the rear quarter. I was lucky it pulled out with no paint chips or creases! Hope it works out and the buggers get hung!

Lance: Still got your Malibu?
Vincent: Aw, man. You know what some ****er did the other day?
Lance: What?
Vincent: ****ing keyed it.
Lance: Oh, man, that's ****ed up.
Vincent: Tell me about it. I had it in storage for three years, it was out for five days and some dickless piece of **** ****ed with it.
Lance: They should be ****ing killed. No trial, no jury, straight to execution.
Vincent: Boy, I wish I could've caught him doing it. I'd have given anything to catch that asshole doing it. It'd been worth him doing it just so I could've caught him doing it.
Lance: What a ****er!
Vincent: What's more chicken**** than ****ing with a man's automobile? I mean, don't **** with another man's vehicle.
Lance: You don't do it.
Vincent: It's just against the rules.

This. I feel for you I really do but words ain't enough.