Gutted, annoyed and feel like crying!

I would like to say a few words in my defence, I am not a botch it and scarper guy I do SMART repairs as foreigners on loads of cars arrans car was a scratch through to primer and metal in one part.

I saw the job and wasn't fazed at all scratches are normally easier than bumper scuffs etc but like i say this one was deep and long. I proceeded in my normal routine filling the scratch and sanding down the filler. I then scuffed up the paint around the filled area masked off and sprayed just top coat paint as i only wet sanded the filler back to the top coat. 3 coats of top coat and a flat with G3 cutting and blending compound a quick once over with 1500 grit and a coat of clear lacquer.

Ive never in my life had this before and i dont know what to blame it on apart from the weather been warm but the paint ran underneath the lacquer in the line of the scratch and despite my attemps to flat off with heavy cut compound the run would not shift. after working pretty much solid for 9 hours i had to break the bad news to arran

My proposal to arran is that he lets me do it again this time i will cut a larger area back to get rid of the runs and do the same as before making sure as its not failed me in the past and also cleaning all the car from overspray. no matter how much u mask up it will still find its way onto glass and other parts of the car so i normally use medium clay and re wash the car after any job. It was dark when i finished arrans so it was hard.

again arran please PM me back and I am sorry again

i dont know either of you personaly but imo woody you should refund arron back the cash he payed you and you can both find a professional body shop that will do a professional job. even though u say you can fix it as you can understand arrons trust in you prob wont be the same as it was in the first place. i feel sorry for both of you and i think this should have been dealt with off the forum, no one wants anyone to get a bad name.

further matters will be dealt with off the forum as like u say its un-professional on here

As you have said, probably best to keep it via PM's, don't want it exploding out on here.

I do hope you sort it out amicably though :hug:

Don't worry folks, it's not going to kick off! Lol!

Matt is a really nice guy and I know he would feel the same as me in saying that what is done is done. I think you were just unlucky this time Matt TBH and I know you tried hard and stayed until late. I dare say that the next time you do someone's car it may go a little better. Unfortunately the car still needs sorting out though.

Someone has been to look at it tonight from a body shop and is going to come back to me tomorrow with a price. I'm not sure it would be worth you travelling all the way down here again, because I don't think you will be able to do it on my drive 100%, it could do with going in the shop so the light is perfect etc.

Everyone who I have spoken to have all said it can't be done road side.

I'll see what the price of the work is tomorrow anyway. I'll have a think about everything though.

Thanks for being decent and not being arsey or anything though Matt, that says a lot.

Got a quote from a place where an old friend of my dad's works. Remove door handle, fuel filler cap, door mirror and window guide, side rubbing stripes, remove paint and respray entire right hand side (bar front wing) £352. Thought that was a good price so it is booked in on 5th July. What does everyone think?

If the standard of work is good it's a good price.
Don't pay till your happy this time :wink:
what they doing about the B pillar.?

I try to use somewhere that can provide a curtusy car as if your not happy they don't get their car back till you are. A bit more insentive to get it right.

What prize do I get for being closest lol!?

Seriously though I hope you manage to get it sorted without any problems and it doesn't happen again!

Because my dad knows the bodyshop manager he has given me a special price! It's Evans Halshaw, a Ford dealer. So i'm assuming the work is of manufacturer standards. Don't worry though, i'm going to inspect the car properly when I pick it up.

So I took my 197 in today to have a string of things looked at under warranty. I was mega pissed off when I got there because I kirbed my alloy on the way there. There are these big kirbs in Wolverhampton city centre that aren't like normal road side kirbs and they stick out more at the top. 2 of the spokes have big scuff marks in the centre off them now! Stupid road! lol! The car is getting more and more damaged by the week! So now I need to get that sorted out too. The car is becoming a bloody money pit already!

Had the rear window/door seals replaced as they were split, the trim next to the steering wheel refixed as it was loose, the A/C has been regassed AGAIN, but there is still a strange noise coming from it. They have asked me take it back in a couple of weeks to check it. They have greesed the tailgate catch due to there being a banging noise coming from the back, not sure if that is cured it yet.

They have told me there is nothing they can do with the kangerooing as it is a 'characteristic' of the RS Clio, 172, 182, 197, 200. Basically all 2.0l Clios when they are cold. So I'm still not completely satisfied TBH, but we'll see. They've done a really good job on the trim and the window seals though.

So had the car back today from the bodyshop and I'm pleased to tell that the paintwork is back to perfect condition! In fact, it is better now because the stone chips aren't there anymore! Lol! Only problem is that they have painted the side strips to a shinny finish as apposed to the textured finish that is standard. But I actually prefer them like this, so I'm going to get the passenger side one done the same! Ha Ha! Will lokk at getting it done when I finally have enough free cash to buy a spoiler for the car and get them done at the same time.

DSCN2228.jpg

So happy for you Arran that you got it sorted.

Lesson learned I guess, only use companies with insurance against bad work.

Just washed the car and some p***k has put 2 scuffs in the passenger side rubbing strip! I know it's a rubbing strip, but it doesn't mean you should just f*****g damage the f**k out of it! So that is definately going to need a spray now! Great! :swear:

The front of the car is covered in stone chips and I have noticed some more little scratches on it too. I think I am just destined to never have beautifull paintwork! :s