Yiannis' Albi Blue R27 - Toning down...

A couple of updates guys:smile:

Today I picked up my R27 from K-tec, matched inlets, cams, 5th service and cambelt service. I drove it there yesterday and I drove back to London in style (ish) in a Ktec's 172.

f70fc357.jpg
808236cc.jpg
aa88f217.jpg

Good stuff indeed, anyway I picked mine up today. The car feels and sounds (placebo for the sound?) very nervous, pulls really well and revs more freely. +20bhp, it pulled 202bhp in a hot day (27C). K-Tec service? Well, 10/10, I also had some ''interesting'' talks with the mechs regarding general upgrades. It's been a quite creative day I shall say and I reconsidered some bits and pieces. Anyway, I also asked them to take me for a ride in the supercharged 197 they are developing at the moment. Really really impressed, wow..

Back on topic, here is the graph.

487335_425852024104236_1605778593_n.jpg

A pic of the matched inlets, taken from Ktec fb site.

179571_425837004105738_1240454216_n.jpg

The cams cover was suffering from the known leak so the guys resealed everything and gave the cover a very good wash.

fd40eeb2.jpg

Apart from that, a couple more mods. RS badge on the lower grille. I chose that side because the other one is quite ''busy'' with all the R27 decals.

IMG_1898.jpg

I also received the Alpine cable that allows you to retain the stalks controls PLUS the car's dash dispay. (That was another reason I chose this headunit, it gives an output for a sub display). This is quite cool IMO, all the information (RDS, iphone artist/songs etc, radio info, media info etc) appears on both displays, win. A quick pic of both.

2f82ae69.jpg
f2944abf.jpg

That's it for now people, thanks for looking.

Last edited:
I saw the pics on ktec's facebook page :smile: Wondered whos 197, now I know, do the matched inlets do that much?? I'm considering this but I don't know if its really worth it?

That was a weak car to begin with 166bhp eh ?

good gains though and so long as it feels better all that matters

nice mate, looking into getting one of those HU's have to let me know were you got all the extra cables from,

how's it fell with cams in??

That was a weak car to begin with 166bhp eh ?

good gains though and so long as it feels better all that matters

Not 166 mate, this is torque, first run was 182bhp.

So you went with the Ktec catcams and made 202bhp?

Yes Litchy, 202bhp, +20 bhp after the package.

nice mate, looking into getting one of those HU's have to let me know were you got all the extra cables from,

how's it fell with cams in??

If you decide to go for it mate drop me an email and I'll send you the link. The car with cams is like a beefed up clio. It's NOT a life changing mod, it's not crazy power but it is much faster. However (and that was quite expected) the car at 1-2.5K rpm is slower. I do a lot of traffic mileage (commuting in London) driving like a granny and I have to admit that I did notice that. Couldn't care less of course:smile: Hope that helps:smile:

20BHP is a good gain mate, sounds like they've done the trick. :smile:

Agree but if it was me, I would like to know why the figure started so low. 20bhp is a good gain but its like an over weight person going on a diet, they lose lots of weight initially quite quickly because they have it to lose.....

Agree but if it was me, I would like to know why the figure started so low. 20bhp is a good gain but its like an over weight person going on a diet, they lose lots of weight initially quite quickly because they have it to lose.....

182 aint low for a 197 though?

It aint book figures but what Clio has made book?

Mine and Litchy's both made near as makes no difference. :wink:

193.5 for me on a brand new Dastek.

Not sure on Litchy but I know it was up around there too.

There's been a few others too I think but it's such a mute subject on here. Rolling Roads are good for back to back runs after mods have been fitted. Beyond that I think people can get quite funny over figures and point fingers at the accuracy of the RR and the difference between manufacturer of RR etc..

Last edited:
Mine an Litchy's both made near as makes no difference. :wink:

193.5 for me on a brand new Dastek.

Not sure on Litchy but I know it was up there too.

There's been a few others too I think.

I see. I thought people that got anywhere near book where instantly tested on a "fixed" dyno lol.

Certainly what "some people" claim.

Anyhoo! Nice gains as said already. Really is turning out quite a popular mod now cams.

Hahaha that's the one! :smiley:

Mine and Litchy's wasn't done on the same dyno' by the way. I think one of the magazines had a 200 read 202BHP and A2ON recorded more or less book figures too on the TDF rollers as far as I remember. The problem is that there doesn't seem to be a national calibration checker for Rolling Roads to ensure that they're all calculating loss at the same rate etc., that's where the trouble starts. They're all bloody different! :smiley:

Cams are great but just brings the Clio closer to what it should have been anyway. I noticed there's been a few people once fitted them have thought about selling up quite soon after cause it doesn't solve the problem of low down grunt. Just pushes the power up the rev range.
Wills is right, the dyno debate will run and run. They are so different. The one thing is very apparent, there are some significant differences in clio 197's power output. Some make 180's others mid 190's. Now in NA terms that is massive, given that you would have to outlay 1500 quid to gain what others are nearly making standard....and that happens with cars tested on the same rollers.

some good gains as 20bhp from cams and matched inlets with a service I would think is right? The inlets depend on the state of yours to begin with so some are bad and some not so bad. As long as your pleased. Saw it on their fb page looked awesome. Such a fantastic colour!! :smile:

congrats on the 20bhp gain mate, never mind what it ended up at, the main thing is you paid to get some gains and you got them :smile:

I was bidding on those shrick cams on ebay but didnt win them (thank god as didnt really have the spare cash lol)

Nice headunit too by the way!

congrats on the 20bhp gain mate, never mind what it ended up at, the main thing is you paid to get some gains and you got them :smile:

I was bidding on those shrick cams on ebay but didnt win them (thank god as didnt really have the spare cash lol)

Nice headunit too by the way!

Me to lol. Was winning the auction up to 3 hours to go then withdrew my bid.