Who Didn't make it to work today then??

Gromb200

THE TOFFEE
Platinum Member
Made it fine this morning, but a team leader at my work who lives just around the corner from me phoned in and said he couldn't get???? WTF :@:chair:

well up at 4am and out for 430am - drove to work as i have been "volunteered" to drive for a few weeks!!!

drove in to leeds picked up a load and drove to daventry then back again finished for 1430pm :thumbup1:

the roads were well snowy at 430am :skiing:

Yea I left home at 5 and made it for 6! The day shift were all late by at least an hour! So glad I don't have to commute at that time in a morning with all the sales reps and mums on the school run!! :smiley:

Got a call from my manager to say don't leave until he gets there to make sure he can unlock. Finally went to leave 45 mins late and sat at the end of our cul-de-sac for 20 mins with the traffic not moving at all. Went back home and left an hour later for the clearest run I've ever had!

Then got sent home at 2:15 cos it was snowing hard and the boss didn't want anyone getting stranded!

I love my job! :smiley:

I made it from Rotherham to the other side of Bradford, back to Leeds then back to Bradford in a tranny van yesterday.

Today I went from Halifax to Bradford, to Leeds and back again in my tranny van!

Tbh I think it's a right off road animal, narrow tyres, heavy with traction control and a small powered engine nothing can stop it!

I've been passing all sorts of different stranded vehicles today.

Nope :worried: off to London in the moring so hope its snowing and I dont have to leave the house.. would still have to work from home though but better than 4 hours stuck on a train.

Well we had very little snow this morning and the roads were fine. But at about 3pm it started snowing heavy and actually made the roads really bad. Took ages to get home. I helped a guy in a BMW who was stuck. People behind him were just going round. So I stopped the van, got out and ran back, gave him a little push and he was fine. Why are some people so inconsiderate? It took litterally 30 secs! I hope it doesn't snow any more, the van is terrible in the snow! Too much weight for the front tyres. Even driving it off the idle was making the wheels spin!

Made it in again today when It was minus 6 last night.

Tommorrow and Friday might ben an issue though. -8 supposedly and diesel freezes solid at -9 so I might break the van trying to start it.

Well I just tried getting out of my road and beached the car on snow, managed to reverse off it with some rocking back and fourth off the power but managed to move all of 5 metres in total before giving up and reversing back into my space.

:worried:

I think I need to get involved with this working at home lark!

I don't think welding in the living room will to down too well.....

Just had to go out to push a van out of the road.....

Gouldy I hope you don't confuse your transit van for a land rover like those guys :tongueout:

I made it to Derby and back from north of Mansfield yesterday via Hucknall... just

Completely failed this morning lol

150549_472503782069_789927069_5502067_8104617_n.jpg

It is just the same here Jaxx, I did the sensible thing this morning off not even trying and staying in bed!

i'm back in tommrow and i know i'm going to have to walk in at 5am if i can't drive :worried: wish hotels would close sometimes...