Some peoples didn't know that...

Some peoples didn't know that clio 197 or 200 got 2.0 ltr engine in it & 200 bhp.

It the 6th time someone ask me saying it is fast or how big the engine is it??

I told them 2.0ltr & 197bhp, they said no way - shocked lol

Did you get the same things like this??

Yup! Buying some wiper blades yesterday, give her my Reg to get the wiper blade part numbers, and she goes....

"I didn't know they did a 2.0 Clio! Bet that goes like shif off a shovel!"

I've had four people in the last 2 weeks comment on how much they love my car, complete randomers as well, and they have all been like bet its rapidddd with a 2ltr engine haha!

One was at sainsburys petrol station, other 3 work car park!

Theres a bloke at work that has asked me 3 times now whether its a 1.6l

Its got to the point now that I cant correct him anymore because its getting so annoying.

Yup! Buying some wiper blades yesterday, give her my Reg to get the wiper blade part numbers, and she goes....

"I didn't know they did a 2.0 Clio! Bet that goes like shif off a shovel!"

Did she have a speech impedalment? :smiley:

I work in Education.

I get told "Sir you should get a body kit for it" :001_rolleyes:

My polite reaction is "its fine how it is"

haha a guy at work yesterday said i must have spent a lot on modifying my car he likes the red brakes! then he said is it diesel to which i nearly spat my tea out at him and i said pish he reckons all the best cars are diesel lol

I always say I have a clio 200 then they reply oh you seen the rs one that's out? Then you try and explane that 200 means hp and they don't believe me so annoying!

All the time!! People just think its a lil Clio which wont have any power! Proberly doesnt help that there's not many about.

Best ones are from the likes of Audi drivers when they pull next to you going onto a dual carriageway and then ask whats in there at the next round about 'cos he couldnt pull away :tongueout:

I must have one of those faces that people don't want to talk to...

never been complimented on the car or asked any questions :worried:

I do get let out a lot more though... i.e. moving onto the main road in a morning or cutting into a different lane.

After nearly 5 years of ownership it's amazing how few people still don't know that the 197 isn't a standard car
And the old girl is still a head turner I still giggle to my self when we're sat at traffic lights and people still pull along side you to see what a fantastic looking motor you have

You guys need to drive a LY, I keep having to wipe the drool off it LMAO!

My favourite has been 'cool colour did you do it yourself, it must have cost £5k', followed by the blank look when I said 'no Renault did...' :huh:

I work at a school and the kids tell me my car is 'peng' regularly, I had to google this, it's a compliment.
A female colleague told me I was 'sad for modifying my car so much'. (it's completely standard).
When I said my hire car was nice but not as good as my clio, a male colleague said 'Yeah obviously not, you've spent loads tuning yours up' :001_rolleyes:

Its quite interesting that they seem to be scarce enough that the uninitiated don't seem to realise its a standard car. Can't wait to get ours back out of the garage so I can give it a proper seeing to!

Wife's car, just bought it, in to get some niggles sorted, but with my 2 weeks off at Xmas I'll be taking it out for a few spins!

We've just had Solar Panels fitted and the lad who fitted them spend a full hour asking about Nicole and trackdays until I finally gave up and offered him a sit in... You've never seen a man get from a loft to a driveway that quickly before hahaha!!! He'd been pricing up Focus STs but I think I may have swayed him to the French side... :smiley: