Which coilovers?

Just a bit worried because I had adjustable dampers and springs on my old fiesta zetec-s and was never happy with it. It was either too hard or bouncy and underdamped.

Pretty sure I will get the V3s now, might as well have the best if I can

yeah if i bought an aston id have to have the DBS lol same with these coilovers. i considered the 1's for a while n the just thought for the extra cash im alot happier now :smile:

what if there leaking?

It will look like there are wet patches on the shocks and you will find small patches oil on them,

No that they will break more than the v1s coz they are stiffer?

Mine arnt silly stiff it would be stupid on some roads. I like to have some play in it, and no roll which the v3s give then on track super stiff. I don't want it teeth shattering all the time. I no the v3s are best on track but they are so much more than that as well. You can set them how u want (obviously lol)

Have you considered the R3 tarmac set up?

Think about it, its designed for maximum control on crap roads. I'd be spending my money here, rather than trying to make race suspension work on the road.

Thats not a bad thought, I bet its expensive though?

I wouldn't say KWs are race suspension, i mean the V1s are meant to be optimally set for road use

R3 set up is around £1500 including ARBS and adjustable topmounts.

I've had V1s, and to be honest, they were fantastic. Compliant on the road and plenty of control on the track. Let's face it, KW know their stuff and if they can come up with a decent balance, then why mess about?

You might have eeked out a second or two a lap more on V3s, but unless it means winning a race - who cares?

Last edited:
mike has a point...wldnt bother with v3's unless ur a hardcore track wh0re lol personaly i would get v1's... offers still there if u wanna try my car before u buy them mate

I haven't tried them on a Clio, Woody or someone else is probably a good guide for that.

I had them years back on a heavier MK4 Golf, they were fine and night and day difference... but then we're talking about necessity, trying to make a pig in knickers handle.

The Clio is already a fine handing car, IMO coilovers are a pointless waste and just vanity.

Trackdays are about having fun, no who is fastest, you'd be better served buying a cheaper option if you must have coilovers and spending the rest on tuition. Expensive kit doesn't make you faster, it just increases the speed at which you have accidents.

Cheers guys

Its not the ability to make them stiffer that attracts me to the V3s, its the ability to make them soft for road use (Similar to standard suspension) and harder for when I hopefully do track days

if it were no different they wudnt sell the V1 lol honestly KW are soooooooo good

They're different, KW have decided on the optimal setting for road and track for you... V3 gives you that control instead.

But, for 360 days a year you ride around on your 'road' settings and only tweak it for the odd track day. You've got to justify the extra cost for the benefit you gain on those 5 days.

lol yeah mine wont be moving unless it goes to meets, track days or events so it is different.

Cheers guys

Its not the ability to make them stiffer that attracts me to the V3s, its the ability to make them soft for road use (Similar to standard suspension) and harder for when I hopefully do track days

Get the v3's then. They are amazing, ive done 10 k on them and had no problems experimented with settings and found my favorite 3. The setting im on now is as good as a 200 cup setup but with far less roll and is smoother.

Honestly they are amazing!!

I had coilovers on my e46 and what a waste of money (in my opinion) if your not gonna see a track. Most people never adjust them even on track days. Have you seen the condition of the roads in this country??? Hardly bowling greens. These tuning companies are taking the 'michael'. Road and track use??? The two couldn't be more different. I don't know where most people live but the only spirited driving I do is the long way round to get the paper on a sunday morning. Don't believe the hype. A well set up standard sus will out perform most coilovers below £1000. When I put my standard sus back on, it drove and handled better.
Forgot, coilovers are great for going low, low, low but the car will have handling problems (if not set up right), uneven tyre wear and but stress on other components and you curse every time you'll come across a speed bump!!!! So no, no, no...lol

Just my opinion but I am a grumpy old man!!!!

Last edited:
Have u seen what happens to koni with road salt????
No, I haven't.
Koni Sport means - regular dampers , not coilovers. So thread rusting is not an issue..
I just can't imagine how salt could harm a tight and closed in steel housing damper..
What could happen?

im out at the minute but ill show you a picture of the KW INOX line VS 3 other leading brands . . . .