Which coilovers?

I find the ride on my 197 FF fairly harsh on some roads so don't think I'd want to go for more than the KWs in that case.

Cheers Mark, very helpful

ive got H&R springs on standard shocks and to be fair the ride is the same, bouncy, but alot lower.

more or less the same, bouncy as if when you go over a bumpy road. it didnt get harsher than standard, me personally coulnd tell the difference othe than it handle better. ie less roll.

Cheers Ryan, your car looks great on the H&Rs

I wonder what the eibach springs are like in comparison to the H&R. I've had eibachs before and was very pleased with them

Really? Why will they get mashed mate? I've done bout 10k road miles and mine seem fine? Gonna reset them later I think. Maybe the roads near me aint to bad?

There not made for roads etc but relatively smooth tracks or street circuits. Keep your eye on your shocks cause id put money on them leaking prior to the warranty expiring if you like the odd b road bash lol! As ive mentioned before its not that there poorly made more that if you dont see that pot hole at 60 mph the damage is greater due to the reduced travel and increased stiffness.

I dont have mine set silly stiff at the moment, prob about the same as cup setup, maybe a tad stiffer but there is less roll. pretty sure it wont be set any stiffer than say v1's h&r's. Maybe this is why mine are ok? My track set up is for track, and i have a setting thats a stiff road setting and now its very much all round. Maybe this is why mine are ok (touch wood)? I reset them after work and they look fine to me?

How you find this out mate?

what if there leaking?

It will look like there are wet patches on the shocks and you will find small patches oil on them,

I think i'm probably going to go for the V3 coilovers, don't want to get something lesser then be unhappy. If I get the V3 then there's definitely going to be a level of damping that i'm happy with.

If I do it then I'll get it all fitted and setup by Track Club (Sister company to TDF) which includes corner weighting etc. Hopefully they would be able to set it up how I want.

If not, I'll run to woody for the settings lol

They will do ure alignment n tracking etc. But its personal preference what height and stiffness u want. Get them first n then we can chat :smile: join the elite v3 club lol

Its so so tempting! I can afford it but it's difficult to justify the money when I don't really know what it will be like after. Still think i'll go for it though

Its so so tempting! I can afford it but it's difficult to justify the money when I don't really know what it will be like after. Still think i'll go for it though

just got to ask yourself will you be doing a few track days a year if not then IMO you are wasting your hard earned but if you will then i wouldnt hold back,

He he come to nurburg that will justify it :wink:
I'm not around on the dates :worried: might have to do the year after though :w00t:

just got to ask yourself will you be doing a few track days a year if not then IMO you are wasting your hard earned but if you will then i wouldnt hold back,

I want to get into track days but still need some more time with the car on the road before I let loose on the track. So it's road use at the moment but could progress in the future.

So, do you think I will end up with the same settings as V1 if I am setting the V3 up for road use? Bearing in mind that I want to keep a good level of comfort on the road so maybe I would want to set them a bit softer than V1?

nah u will feel the handeling and keep it set up for "fast road/ track :smile:"