Which coilovers?

I'm pretty sure they sell the V1 with or without INOX

EDIT: quick google says im probably wrong!

Last edited:
nah its KW's thing they pride tehre selves on INOX basically its stainless steel.

I had H&R on my old 197 for 18months and loved them. Perfect for day to day use, pretty much Cup'd stiffness imo!

Very very refined

This thread was very helpful in making my decision! Have a non cup 197 and wanted something lower with similar ride but better handling. Decided on the V1's, pretty damn cheap for us aussies since our dollar is so strong now also which is great.

Will probably only do a couple of track days a year so can't justify the V3's. Can't wait :smile:

I'm still not 100% decided on V1 vs V3. Will probably go for V3 just to make sure I don't make a mistake.

Jam1991, KWs seem to be pretty much the same price from everyone, however K-tec are fractionally cheaper, before postage. Chances are if you find a local tuning garage they will be able to order them in for you to pick up and will be cheaper than paying ktec's reduced price + postage

I've had a FF 197 since 2007, and yesterday changed the suspension to KW V1 Coilovers with Fred at BTM who set them up perfectly, great weight distribution, diagonals, ride height I was after, the guy's a genius!

Can't say how much better it is and I've not even done much driving. The ride is much better than the FF suspension, when you go over potholes and man covers you notice it, but the KW's soften and cushion it a hell of a lot better than the original parts.

Going round corners and roundabouts the car is glued to the road, I've not taken them all the way down as I carry passengers in the back from time to time, there's a good 20mm at the front and 30mm at the back if I wanted to.

I also used to feel that under braking the back end came out as well....wave that goodbye with these beauties, I need to get them aligned once they are settled but no wobble whatsoever.

I do a lot of driving, down to Wycombe twice a week and poodling about from day to day and it will be interesting to see what it's like on a long trip. But so far I love them and am soo glad I bought them.

I'm not sure what the difference is with V3's other than the adjustability, but going from a FF to these I'm over the moon! And i'm actually going out now just for a drive :smiley:

Very interesting Troopy,

When you say you noticed pot holes you notice it, do you mean you notice it more than FF suspension, the same or less? Would you actually say the ride is softer than standard?

Pot holes and uneven surfaces are noticeable don't get me wrong, but no worse with the V1's infact I'd say they're better at coping with them.

The V1's tend to rebound/dampen them quicker (if that's technically right, I know very little) but its much less 'crashy' over an uneven surface. I just went over some rumble strips on a big stretch near me to see what they were like in comparison and it now just glides over them. With the FF suspension it lumped up and down each one.

To sum it up really, It's as if I've just specced better suspension from the factory, it feels like it should have always been. It just seems to cope better at both low and high speeds and then you get the ideal look of it being slightly lower.

Shame I can't take you out in them as your such a long way away. If anyone is close, maybe you could ask to have a go, and you'll see what I mean.

They sounds like exactly what I want.

I'm actually in Loughborough at the moment, not too far from you really. Would it be ok to have a ride at some point?

You're in Loughborough now? It's like 40 mins away, i'll come up now if you want and you can have a go :smile: but yeah, working tomorrow and monday but any time next week if you're around.