Which coilovers?

hmmmmmm i fitted mine in a day. . .. . taking my time . . .. . as CTM wanted £200

i payed 30 to get them aligned.

The V3's seem overkill for what your looking for Ben. You don't want them seizing from not being adjusted every now and then.

I'd go for the H&R coilover kit.

So the exact differences between the V1 and V3's are?

I'm looking at V1's, basically wanting a better ride and looks. Will I see noticeable difference over standard FF 197?

You will mash v3's on our roads ive had over 4 sets all replaced under warranty not because the product is poor but because our roads are terrible,

V1 is better if you dont use them on the track or arnt too fussed about fiddling with settings,

If you track it then V3 is wicked but even on there softest setting there still like iron rods and like woddy said they do transform cars however i wouldnt say there that much better than the cup set up on a 200,

Main problem with the V3 on the road is if you set it up for one conditon say a particular track day itll be a ball ache on the road and youll end up just damagin the shocks etc coilovers just arnt made for our crappy roads,

Road use / occasional track day = V1
Regular trackdays minimal road use = V3

200 cup set up is the nuts though for an all round package just wish it was a bit lower,

very good advice ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ 1000 road miles tops per year on v3's otherwise u will goose them.

gotta say though i wudnt call them iron rods on 10 10 it feels like a jelly car lol

Thanks all, so being a beginner with the V1's I purchase them get them fitted, what control do I have over the setup?

Is it just one height, or can I adjust how much it lowers the car,? obviously understand the V3 are shock adjustable... hope that makes sense

height adjustment only on V1 i think

V3 is infinate ride height, dampening and rebound.

hmmmmmm i fitted mine in a day. . .. . taking my time . . .. . as CTM wanted £200

i payed 30 to get them aligned.

How easy were they to fit? Were they easy enough to get out of the hubs on the front?

The V3's seem overkill for what your looking for Ben. You don't want them seizing from not being adjusted every now and then.

I'd go for the H&R coilover kit.

Cheers Mark, why would you go for the H&R kit over KWs?

You will mash v3's on our roads ive had over 4 sets all replaced under warranty not because the product is poor but because our roads are terrible,

V1 is better if you dont use them on the track or arnt too fussed about fiddling with settings,

If you track it then V3 is wicked but even on there softest setting there still like iron rods and like woddy said they do transform cars however i wouldnt say there that much better than the cup set up on a 200,

Main problem with the V3 on the road is if you set it up for one conditon say a particular track day itll be a ball ache on the road and youll end up just damagin the shocks etc coilovers just arnt made for our crappy roads,

Road use / occasional track day = V1
Regular trackdays minimal road use = V3

200 cup set up is the nuts though for an all round package just wish it was a bit lower,

Good advice there, thanks. Would you say the V1s are as good as the 200 setup or is the 200 setup better?

u cant compare german engineering excellence to froggies attempt at 200 setup lol

I'm just very cautious as when I put spax adjustable dampers on my old fiesta it ruined it lol

I think the 197 FF suspension is almost perfect, it just sits too high though

has anyone used just lowering springs? im with BenW, im happy with the way my car handles, just needs to be lower. im thinking spring are the way to go for what im after, so long as they havnt been uprated too far!

very good advice ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ 1000 road miles tops per year on v3's otherwise u will goose them.

gotta say though i wudnt call them iron rods on 10 10 it feels like a jelly car lol

Really? Why will they get mashed mate? I've done bout 10k road miles and mine seem fine? Gonna reset them later I think. Maybe the roads near me aint to bad?

I'd go for the H&R's over the KW's because their spring setting is harder. 80n/mm as opposed to the KW's 50n/mm

I sent away a set of standard 197 spring to be rated and going form the ratings on them and what RenaulSport have said the 200cup set-up is the KW's are a 'ballhair' stiffer. I know that it's not only the spring you need to look at however with the H&R's being fixed damping like the V1's they will be better.

Though, I can't remember the settings off the top of my head.

Cheers Mark, so you think the spring rate on the KWs is roughly the same as the 200 cup?

I think from what you said the H&Rs will handle better but the ride will be harsher than with V1s?

Cheers Mark, so you think the spring rate on the KWs is roughly the same as the 200 cup?

I think from what you said the H&Rs will handle better but the ride will be harsher than with V1s?

The 200cup worked out at 47n/mm or somthing like that so it's near enough the same.

The H&R's will be better imo.