What Fuel Do You Use?

As there are so many different types of fuel out there now, what fuel do you use?

Do you see any gains, better mpg etc from this fuel?

Or are you the type of person who isn't really fussed and fuel is fuel.

I personally just use my local Morrisons

1. Becuase it is the closest and cheapest to me

2. As I dont have a car that needs a 'better fuel' so to speak at the moment.

Momentum 99 or vpower.

Only for the cleaning benefits and nothing else.

tescos 99 jobbie or v-power when i can get near to a shell station...which is getting better as most of the total ones have changed to shell :w00t:

Tesco momentum 99 or shell V-power.

1) Lumpy morning idle is no where near as bad to when it's been used on normal fuel.
2) 3-4 mpg better
3) Car pops more, gives me smiles.

So it's worth the extra couple of pence.

Best you can get in Northern Ireland is 97 octane. I personally use BP Ultimate as I can't get any better.

ASDA special brew. Mines used as a daily drive so putting Vpower or the likes just doesn't make any sense.

I've switched back to normal Tesco. I used to run momentum all the time and my car runs better on it and I get better MPG.

However, the price rise in fuel means i've had to come off the good stuff.

I didn't think Ultimate was higher than 97 anyway??!

Its not higher, it is 97 and is basically the highest I can get. I can't get Shell V Power (as there are no shell stations on the island of Ireland at all). And Tesco dont sell their Momentum 99 here yet.

I use normal 95RON Shell or Esso fuel and the car runs just fine and I am averaging 33mpg...

I have tried Tesco Momentum 99RON in 3 of my own cars, including the latest, and I have always seen a 5% reduction in economy! I once heard that the octane rating of Momentum is enhanced by the addition of 15% bioethanol... :001_unsure:

Shell V-Power is the best fuel I have used but the cost is prohibitive when you drive 400 miles a week! :swear:

I've switched back to normal Tesco. I used to run momentum all the time and my car runs better on it and I get better MPG.

However, the price rise in fuel means i've had to come off the good stuff.

I'm the same mate. I have used v-power and momentum in the past but like you said with the frustrating price rise in fuel I'm using normal tesco/morrisons 95ron fuel. Tbh I only do 12-15miles a day and 1-2 motorway journeys a month so as much as I like using v-power normal morrisons petrol does the job for me.

My nearest tesco garage are SH@?, they hardly have any fuel all the time you go there pumps are out of order. Two weeks ago I went there and ALL, yes ALL petrol pumps were empty so I went to morrisons. I go to Morrisons more than tesco as they have consistant supplies of fuel never out, plus I can £5 voucher when I get up to 5k points, more beneficial than tesco clubcard points.

my car is mapped for 98ron.

So I generally use Tesco (for the clubcard points) or Shell.

Vpower 100 cause it avoids this ****ing hopping in 1st gear when the engine is cold.... And also vpower for my conscience :bumpit:

Similar Thread Suggestions