What car is this?

Yiannis197

Paid Member
ok people, what follows actually took place this afternoon, 100% real story, I'm not making this up (I haven't got such a vivid imagination) so I think that it would a SIN not to have shared it with you. Here we go then..

I was on my way home after work (yes I worked on this bank holiday Monday) being stopped at a red traffic light near Camden town, completely minding my own business, checking my emails and stuff. At some point I heard a horn going but at first I didn't pay any attention whatsoever. The horn kept going so I looked left and I saw 2 guys in a slammed 12 plate DS3 trying to ask me something. At the beginning I thought they were asking for directions. So I powered the window down and here is what follows, exactly to the letter;

- Hey bro what up (he missed the s apparently)?
- (me) All good mate, and you?
-Cool, what car is this?
-(at this point I'm thinking...you must be having a laugh). It's a clio.
-No s*&t. You are kidding. A clio?
- Yes mate, a clio sport.
-A clio? No way, is it a new one?
- (Mind that I haven't got private plates and I noticed that this guy was driving behind me a few minutes before). No mate, it's 5 years old, 07 plates.
-Really? s&%t man. What engine?
- 2.0L 200 bhp (ok I lied here a bit, don't shoot me please but as long as renault lies I can easily do it myself as well lol)
-(Now here cames THE question). Is it petrol or diesel??
- Petrol mate, petrol...(pissing myself at the time)
- Good s&%t bro. Did you make the car look like that? (actually the first time he asked I didn't get a word so I politely asked him to repeat the question and he kind of rephrased it)
- No mate, it comes like that from the factory, it's stock.
- No way, really? What's on with the stickers?
-(at that point the light went green, thank f$%k for that) It's a limited edition, had to do with renault winning the f1 championship a long time ago, (at that point I had already engaged first gear and the car was rolling)
- Cool bro, cool s*%t, peace.
-Take care mate.

No comments....

LOL!!! Reminds me of the super chavs that came up to me in Croydon talking "Chav English" that were worshipping my saxo and asking all questions about it.

It really is great when people appreciate your car!

That's the beauty of the 197/200 there are still not lots out there

That's the beauty of the 197/200 there are still not lots out there

I keep seeing loads in Wolverhampton now!

I had a guy in a CTR asking me about my 197 once. CTR was a poorly modified pile of poo. Lol!

Lol guys...so bloody loool!

Roy I know what you say about how rare these cars are...I'm commuting through London on a regural basis and the number or Clios (197/200) I've seen can be counted using the fingers of one hand..

it's funny (especially in the 182 for some reason) the amount of 'modified' 1.2s that try to give it large thinking that the clio is just standard with a spoiler and twin exhausts..

it's funny (especially in the 182 for some reason) the amount of 'modified' 1.2s that try to give it large thinking that the clio is just standard with a spoiler and twin exhausts..

I love surprising people in mine lol!! Prob think its a 1.2 with 100kg's of sound system in the boot lol!!

I bet its even funnier in PH1 172s that look almost 'normal' anyway :smile:

Proper sleeper. Wouldn't mind one, dirt cheap now too.

Mk 1 MPS without the aero kit you need to be careful of. They look like a 2.0l sport but have the same 256 hp 2.3 turbo that's in all the other ones.

Lol it must've been so awkward for you :tongueout:

The most I've had is a garage attendant telling me 'you have a nice car' when I thanked her she followed up with 'yeah, I like those new meganes' -_-

And I tell people (non petrol heads) my car has 200bhp... It sounds far less anorak than 194bhp IMO :tongueout:

I was asked, "Is that a race car?" recently. Admittedly from a 10 year old but hey...

People still seem to forget Renault exists though, people think it must be a toyota/honda as they have no idea Renault exist or Renault do 'sports' models. They don't recognise the Renault Diamond and unless it's an Audi/VW/BMW they just have no idea about it.

Ha ha I got asked by someone at the petrol station on the Tettenhall rd in wolverhampton by someone in a 1.2 clio. What is that bodykit on your clio I added no itbis just the sport tried to be modest aha. He then asked is it fast and all I could do was smile

I left mine in the centre of Milan for 5 minutes a few weeks back, when i came back there was a small croud of guys looking and speaking about my car after which they asked me if it was a concept renault haha, made my day tbh.