V-Power

I don't have a Shell garage anywhere near where I live and so don't use the stuff, but passing one the other day and nearly out of gas (as usual!) I pulled in and filled up. Flipping heck, the car seems like a rocket now! V-Power is now 99RON and it made a hell of a difference over the usual 97 stuff.

I can see me driving 40 miles to fill up now, so I'll have to make sure I've got enough fuel to get there! :001_rolleyes:

Strange... i filled up with esso super and tesco supper and didn't really feel any difference.

i know that modern bmws can actually benifit from higher octane fuel something to do with the knock sensor, but is it the same for Renaults?

Theres been big arugments over on other forums about this and how it doesn't make a difference..

But i will say on my petrol cap it says 95-99RON, so when i first got the car it was non stop V-Power or BP Ultimate (closest garage with decent petrol) but also i heard that Tesco 99 is ment to be decent?

But now im filling up now and again with just 95RON from Shell only and its running quite sweet. Had to fill up at Morrisions twice due to mother using the car and not leaving enough to get to a Shell and the car ran like a bag of shit.

Anymore inputs?

Could just be my imagination, but it feels quicker and punchier mid-range to me. I think the 99RON is new as there was a bit on the gun saying it was the latest thing.

i'd be interested to know if anyone has found higher octane fuel to improve performance / mpg.

I used tesco 99 in my old mk3 golf gti and found quite a difference mpg wise (measured over a lot of miles of similar driving) so much so that it was actually a saving in the longer term. But I couldn't notice any difference in performance.

But doing a similar test with my bike (600 hornet) returned less mpg but it felt more responsive.

I think it depends entirely on the vehicle its used in and how 'clever' it is.

I havent had the clio long enough to decide yet - but would like to hear you tell me i'll be getting improved mpg and performance!!:thumbup:

i'd be interested to know if anyone has found higher octane fuel to improve performance / mpg.

I used tesco 99 in my old mk3 golf gti and found quite a difference mpg wise (measured over a lot of miles of similar driving) so much so that it was actually a saving in the longer term. But I couldn't notice any difference in performance.

But doing a similar test with my bike (600 hornet) returned less mpg but it felt more responsive.

I think it depends entirely on the vehicle its used in and how 'clever' it is.

I havent had the clio long enough to decide yet - but would like to hear you tell me i'll be getting improved mpg and performance!!:thumbup:

You will be getting improved MPG and performance :wink:

def get better MPG when i use SHELL FUEL
but makes no difference wether its super or normal
:thumbup:

the engine will run fine even with 91RON, but if you feed it higher octane fuel the ECU will advance the ignition timing which will make the throttle more responsive and increase the power a bit

I wasn't impressed by my car's performance when I bought it...... till I filled it with 98RON fuel

My cars been mapped on 99 so anything else for me and it runs like a dog, misfiring and all sorts lol.

But even before i'd recommend V-power or at the very least tesco 99.

Tesco 99ron for me,

not sure it makes any difference in performance tbh, but it makes me feel better when i put it in knowing its cleaner and better quality for my 197. ( until i come to pay ), lol :blink:

yer i use tesco 99 or shell v power seen as they are my 2 closest stations! tbh i dnt kno if it helps or not becoz ive never used anything other than high octane fuel! but i cant rele tell the difference between tesco and shell and any other high octane petrol tbh

I use V-Power and BP ultimate, when I used Tesco Super it cost me a few MPG but didn't notice much difference in performance TBH.

def get better MPG when i use SHELL FUEL
but makes no difference wether its super or normal
:thumbup:

My Zetec S used to badly badly BADLY pink on anything other than V Power....I have NO idea why, the only fuel I could use in it was V Power, anything else, and she didn't like it at all!!!

I'm using only OMV100 in Croatia.

Last time i was in Wien, I almost went home with 6 canisters of V-Power. :lol:

I envy you guys...:001_wub: