V-Power

My Zetec S used to badly badly BADLY pink on anything other than V Power....I have NO idea why, the only fuel I could use in it was V Power, anything else, and she didn't like it at all!!!

I had the same problem in my saxo. I stopped using supermarket petrol and it made a hell of a difference. BP, Shell and Texaco petrol is all i use now :thumbup:

our 197 runs like a bag of poo on anyting other than V power or BP ultimate. I always fill up with V power. The 182 is better though, you can run it on sainsbury's super but I only put V power in that aswell :smile:

....only ever use v-power. I'm licky in that there are loads of Shell garages around and one of them happens to be the cheapest in the area.....found V-power was best for my previous Trophy so have never thought about using anythin else......however, I might consider half a tank of BP 102 Octane if I ever come accross a garage selling this stuff!!

People think I'm mad because I drive 15 miles to Bath to get fuel!

Personally I think it's pointless owning the car unless you're gonna give it the right ingredients to run properly. A panel filter that's cleaned regularly, fully synthetic oil with regular changes and V-Power/Tesco 99RON are what makes my R27 perform superbly.

I've covered alot of miles and have tried most super unleaded types. In my experience anything less than 99RON reduces responsiveness/performance and is probably accelerating wear on the engine.

People think I'm mad because I drive 15 miles to Bath to get fuel!

Personally I think it's pointless owning the car unless you're gonna give it the right ingredients to run properly. A panel filter that's cleaned regularly, fully synthetic oil with regular changes and V-Power/Tesco 99RON are what makes my R27 perform superbly.

I've covered alot of miles and have tried most super unleaded types. In my experience anything less than 99RON reduces responsiveness/performance and is probably accelerating wear on the engine.

Exactly the way your R27 should be treated.

After 150-160km it seems that my Clipo likes the Carrera 100. Doesn't seem to go better but a bit smoother :huh: have to "test" it a bit longer thou :biggrin:

v power

id say it dose make a diffrence, try a few tanks of it and then decisde, for my sport, it makes the engine sound much difrent than when using 95 ron. more revie, mabe just me, i have a good ear for hearing difrence in noices, ie musicly.

my mate uses tesco 99 on his s14a, and i used to use it on my rx7 as it made a massive differnece. we even found it to be better than v power but tbh i never noticed any difference in my clio(i fill up 4 times a month and at least one time it would be 99ron)...
ive only used 99 in the megane so far and will try normal soon and see what i think

I have only ever used V Power in my Clio, can be expensive now it’s up at £1.14+ but I use it more for its ability to clean.

Vpower is without dought the best fuel.on the odd time that i have had to use 95 the 197 runs like there is somthing missing,not really slower but just not right.get v in there and it all comes together.i think that sums it up.

I have always said V power is the best, however I think I got a bad tank the other week. The car just wasn't pulling and accelerating very fast, I filled it up saturday and it was like a rocket again after a few miles

Saying that its the first bad experience I've had with V power after 4 years of using it

I always use Sainsburys Super as it is the cheapest super (105p) around here all the time

The cups only ever had Vpower in her - bar one half tank when i was in devon and couldnt get anything other than texaco super.