Trackday tyre choice

i wouldnt crossof the 595 federals for the money they seem to a bargain, i just fitted some today to my car so ill let you know what i think of them

My megane had 595's on it when i bought it. They coped well with the power and torque in both wet and dry conditions and when they started to go off it was very progressive with a touch of understeer. They also come with 7mm on them which is great.

I've currently got Kumho V70a on just now and they're great in the dry, not as noisey as the R888's but they don't cope as well as the 595's in greasy/wet conditions. They come with 4mm on them (to the wear markers) Good value for a dry tyre at £150 (18") instead of £200 (R888 18")

got your points, thx.

Today I made a deal on 4 used tires: Michelin 19/62-17 SA20, cost 200 Eur total.
These are rally tarmac tires for warm and dry smooth surface.

I think and correct me if i am wrong, pls: with these tires i will be able to try how to drive with slicks and improve my lap-time. i know these are used tires, so will not last too long, but cost "only" 200Eur.
do you think its useless to buy used tires? or its cost effective? the seller is in the Hungarian rally championship and these tires would be good for them for training only, he said, for me these will be OK, i should not worried about the shoulders, as my stock suspension will use the full surface of the tires, not only the shoulders.
hm?

Attachments

• Slicks 002_f.jpg
    Slicks 002_f.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 39
Guys, anyone had experience with Yokohama Advan AD07 on trackdays?
how are these tyres compared with Toyo R888 GG(medium)?

cheers
Tamas

Guys, anyone had experience with Yokohama Advan AD07 on trackdays?
how are these tyres compared with Toyo R888 GG(medium)?

cheers
Tamas

R888s are in a different league but then again so are they in price.

I am close to the following decision:
I found 2 used R888s for 100 eur, 215/45R17 - these goes to rear
I buy 2 new R888s for 360 eur, 225/45R17 - these goes to front

becasue here in hungary the 225 is the size what they use on Lotus Cup, so they import only this size, small market, small money....

I am close to the following decision:
I found 2 used R888s for 100 eur, 215/45R17 - these goes to rear
I buy 2 new R888s for 360 eur, 225/45R17 - these goes to front

becasue here in hungary the 225 is the size what they use on Lotus Cup, so they import only this size, small market, small money....

Just use 225s all round, I use 225s and theyre fine.

finally I bought 4 brand new Toyo R888 GG 225/45 R17 rubbers, from 2012 3. weeks, so black so beautiful :smile:
I also bought a separate wheelset, stock RS black wheels, as used!
this satruday I will go to slovakiaring for a time-attack,will let you now about the experience :smile:

what pressure would you rec for these tyres? 30 Celsius forecasted for Sat

Has anyone run the conti sport contact 5s on the track? Wondering how careful I need to be on my upcoming track day

Has anyone run the conti sport contact 5s on the track? Wondering how careful I need to be on my upcoming track day

You'll be fine, put a couple psi more in the front just to support the sidewalls a bit more over the road pressures and stick to doing a hand full of laps at a time.

Use them on the time attack car and now changed to the on the other vxr's ( track cars ) take longer to "come on" but last longer when "on" dont go of as quick as r888's on a 9j wheel