Ring/ Trackday Spares

Tarticmonkey

Paid Member
HI All

Going to the ring in about a months time and wanting to put together a bit of a spares package if possible in order to make it home should the worse happen.

Interested to see what peoples thoughts are about spares and how people pack for a trip like this.

Current plan is to take the following:

Spare Brake Pads
Spare fluids
Set of Plugs
O2 sensor
Map sensor
Zip Ties
Basic Code Reader

As always open to suggestions :smiley:

If doing a euro trip handy to have Atleast a spare or a puncture repair kit.

code reader and stuff maybe overkill and such but make sure a jack and other tools to have

I will take a puncture repair kit in that case. I honestly overlooked it due to having track wheels with me.

Plan is to take my usual tool box that I use for track days and a jack.

However Jack wise I am not sure what to take. I usually use a Sealy Low Profile jack whilst at home but it seems a tad heavy to be karting across europe with me. Do you have any experience with the lighter weight units?

Reactions: Beany
Erm I have a Clarke 1.25 alu low profile one and it’s not too bad to lug around.
If you’re taking a full set of wheels it’ll be easier to swap them. Again depends how hard you’re planning on hitting the ring

Reactions: Tarticmonkey
I will take a look cheers.

True! Honestly semi send I would guess. Not chasing a golden TF pineapple of anyhting like that. Just having some fun, safe, fast laps.

Thank you.

I appreciate that insight. First time going with my own car to track so slightly nervous for it and want to be prepared .

Honestly I think the most imprortant thing you can take is a credit card :tearsofjoy:
It’s the drive over which is always the worry. The roads through Belgium are properly toss, much like our own roads.

The Ring itself is kind of the most ideal place in the world to break down tbh.

When are you heading over?

• Haha
If you're northern I'd highly recommend the Hull Rotterdam overnight ferry. Let the boat do the work then head across Holland and down into Germany, you'll be there by midday. Feels like you're about 2 hours from home by the time you get there.

Honestly I think the most imprortant thing you can take is a credit card :tearsofjoy:
It’s the drive over which is always the worry. The roads through Belgium are properly toss, much like our own roads.

The Ring itself is kind of the most ideal place in the world to break down tbh.

When are you heading over?

Good point! I will triple check and make sure I take it with me lol!

Last year going through Belgium I almost had my car wrote off as van decided to try and press us up against a barrier!

I suppose you're right in fairness. Last year one of the lads had an issues in his M140i and the crown seemed to be helpful in getting that sorted.

We're there from 12th-14th next month.

If you're northern I'd highly recommend the Hull Rotterdam overnight ferry. Let the boat do the work then head across Holland and down into Germany, you'll be there by midday. Feels like you're about 2 hours from home by the time you get there.

This is what I wanted to do but we're meeting up with some mates who are based near Snet. So we're meeting them at Premier inn near the chunnel the night before and heading over from there.

Annoyingly we are only about an hour and half away from Hull but I sadly got out voted.

If the worst is happening you'll become a member of "The Bongard Club" and the car will be on a town truck on the way to the next scrapyard.

My track days spares box consists of:

Front discs
Front pads
Rear discs
Rear pads
Wheel bolts
Brake fluid
Assorted jubilee clips
Gorilla tape
Zip ties
Socket set
Brake & clutch cleaner
Oil
Automotive wire
Electrical connectors
Stanley knife
Torx bits
Allen keys (inc 14mm for brake caliper bolts)
Axle stand
Impact gun
Impact socket
Fuses
Torch
Various nuts and bolts
Fire extinguisher
Pry bars
Spare Coil pack
Electrical tape
Few rags
Hammer

Granted I'm towing on a trailer so I don't need to worry too much about space/weight. I wouldn't take all that if driving over there.
I just keep all this in a bit 'grab and go' box on wheels that I shove in the back of the Land Rover, I don't have to think too much about packing as I know it's all there.

Last edited:
My track days spares box consists of:

Front discs
Front pads
Rear discs
Rear pads
Wheel bolts
Brake fluid
Assorted jubilee clips
Gorilla tape
Zip ties
Socket set
Brake & clutch cleaner
Oil
Automotive wire
Electrical connectors
Stanley knife
Torx bits
Allen keys (inc 14mm for brake caliper bolts)
Axle stand
Impact gun
Impact driver
Fuses
Torch
Various nuts and bolts
Fire extinguisher
Pry bars
Impact gun
Impact sockets
Spare Coil pack
Electrical tape
Few rags
Hammer

Granted I'm towing on a trailer so I don't need to worry too much about space/weight. I wouldn't take all that if driving over there.
I just keep all this in a bit 'grab and go' box on wheels that I shove in the back of the Land Rover, I don't have to think too much about packing as I know it's all there.
To be fair half of that sounds like what I call my tool box .
Though it raises a good point to check where my 14mm Allen socket is. Cheers.

good shout on the gorilla glue too!