Track Day Accidents

...well I was psycing myself up to do a track day this year.....now I have taken a long step back!!

...well I was psycing myself up to do a track day this year.....now I have taken a long step back!!

Don't let it out you off! You're just as likely to be side-swiped by a truck on your way to work tomorrow morning, infact you're more likely to have that happen... Having a bit of fear or apprehension is a good thing, it'll stop you driving at 10/10ths and make you more aware of what's around you.

Once you've done the first one you'll be fine. :wink:

I am, or was, perfectly happy tracking my car and have done lots.

But it's that poor Saxo minding it's own business that gets rear ended by the mx5 which shocked me, be as safe as you wish on track but some numpty can still wreck your pride and joy.

It was a TVR S series of some sort, not an MX5 FYI :smile:

Scary stuff. That poor audi RS6. Such a nice car to be tracking too

be as safe as you wish on track but some numpty can still wreck your pride and joy.

That's the main reason I pay for insurance everytime without fail.

I trust myself but I don't trust everyone else hahaha!!! No third party cover on track, so it's always best to be safe than sorry.

That's the main reason I pay for insurance everytime without fail.

I trust myself but I don't trust everyone else hahaha!!! No third party cover on track, so it's always best to be safe than sorry.

I couldn't find any half decent cover. Far too many get out clauses imo.

I just go without.

As above, should generally be OK if you're conscious and respectful of your own and your car's limits. Attempting to set lap records or saying "watch this..." to your passenger will almost always end in tears.

This is why I like Goodwood so much...the days cost a little more but there's only ever a maximum of 10 cars allowed on the 2.5 mile circuit...so you each get 0.25 mile each to play with.

Contrast that with Brands Indy - on MSV open pitlane days I think they allow 30+ cars on the 1 mile circuit at a time! No thanks.

I couldn't find any half decent cover. Far too many get out clauses imo.

I just go without.

Pace Ward are who I use. The premium is 1% of the value you give for the car and covers crash damage, fire caused by a crash and accidental fire whilst parked etc.. What it doesn't cover is damage to clutch/engine/gearbox which makes sense really because any old idiot could over-rev and blow something apart. All modifications are covered...

MIS, Reis and Competition Car Insurance are all decent too although I favour Pace Ward.

The guy in the silver Saxo can feel hard done by!

Watched some many of these videos before I went on the Nurburgring, learnt to respect the road..its unforgiving.

As above, should generally be OK if you're conscious and respectful of your own and your car's limits. Attempting to set lap records or saying "watch this..." to your passenger will almost always end in tears.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Keep well within your limits and your cars limits and you'll be fine. Though gotta feel for the M3 driver hit leaving the pits at Spa. That's downright bad luck.

On the silver saxo front. I'd be willing to bet money that the 2 cars spent the previous lap "racing" and that was the final outcome.

I always get well outta the way if I see faster lapping cars approaching. Yes it means a lot of looking in your mirrors but it's well worth it.