Toyosports Stainless Steel 4-2-1 decat Manifold (pic heavy)

Lol at down the road.... Would have been an interesting journey with 2.4 pistons

ive done longer journeys with less pistons lmfao, in all fairness though got clio engines you could of just chucked 1 in for time being till you have all the parts for meg conversion, car would of been off road for less time

ive done longer journeys with less pistons lmfao, in all fairness though got clio engines you could of just chucked 1 in for time being till you have all the parts for meg conversion, car would of been off road for less time

And this is where I failed.... Lol. Although if I had found out you got Clio engines I might never have meged it... Catch 22 mate. :smile:

Do you already have some dyno results after mapping with new manifold?

Afraid not Antti O, car died so it didn't go on. Project F4RT has commenced.

Not sure mate, was hoping engine would be there yesterday but its arriving on Monday so I'm hoping for sometime the week after next. Would be nice if its before.

once fitted is there any chance of you doing an mot emissions test to see how it performs?

does look good for the price does that - just how it copes with lots of cold/hot starts only time will tell

such a shame the 197 manifold is a pig to change!

also iirc the configuration of the manifold is diffferent to the standard one isnt it? (1 & 4 - 2 & 3 paired) - nope its the same just checked!!!!

even if its not as "good" as the standard manifold it should still give improvements as the small cat restriction isnt there!!

Just fitted one to mine and a pass on idle and fast idle once the cat's up to temperature
8597383673_e7fde493e0_b.jpg
photo 5 by cooperr27, on Flickr

cant say every one's will as mine had a fast chip 98 ron remap http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31774&page=2 fitting and review on my project thread.

Last edited:
I have just ordered the KTR cat back so im thinking if you do something do it right. So will get a race cat as well and im thinking instead of getting the y pipe , to simply go for the whole manifold. What you guys reckon?

I have had this on mine since November. Had no issues bar minor vibration on the subframe that eased a bit with having the mani bent and then a lot more with a new upper torque mount bush.
mine hasn't been mapped as there is little point until I change the rest of the exhaust (still have standard from mani back)
love the deeper note to the exhaust, sailed through it's MOT a few weeks after having it fitted. Can't complain seeing as it cost me less then just the price of a new mani from Renault.

Yeah the ports on these are really tiny aren't they? I suppose for the car to pass euro5 emissions etc and apparently this is where gains can be achieved. However you'd have to port the head and design/build a manifold with larger ports which is going to be ultra expensive. Or just buy an R3 one like Simo.

hmm might just keep the standard manifold then and just get Ypipe sports cat and the cat back which has already been ordered

Yeah the ports on these are really tiny aren't they? I suppose for the car to pass euro5 emissions etc and apparently this is where gains can be achieved. However you'd have to port the head and design/build a manifold with larger ports which is going to be ultra expensive. Or just buy an R3 one like Simo.

True.

I would like to know the internal diameter of that R3 exhaust manifold. AFAIK, Simo has a copy of that exhaust.

I've got an R3 copy coming about the end of September. I'll give you sizes then if your still looking for them when it gets here.