Toyosports Stainless Steel 4-2-1 decat Manifold (pic heavy)

Fernandez

Gold Member
As mentioned in another thread I took the plunge and purchased one of the manifolds that have been on ebay. Ordered it on Saturday and it arrived today so top marks for service.

First impressions are good, the quality looks spot on, the materials used look to be very good and quite substantial and the welds do look good. It also came with a MLS gasket which looks spot on and more importantly lines up correctly with all the holes.

Anyway looks like the car will be going into Noble Motorsport for the fitting and mapping so I'll update on fitting, fitting costs and any gains in due course.

The manifold cost £229 (inc delivery) so with mapping we should still come in under the cost of just the standard cast Renault manifold making it a no brainer and I doubt it'll cost anywhere near Renault prices to fit.

Until then here are some pictures. (please excuse the Pouffe, sofa and my superhero socks)

20130219_145017_zps458e386f.jpg

20130219_145033_zps98ec234d.jpg

20130219_145113_zpsfe6c14f3.jpg

20130219_145119_zps03a9eadc.jpg

20130219_145126_zpsfe976427.jpg

20130219_145140_zpse7c2751a.jpg

20130219_145158_zps974b5360.jpg

20130219_145206_zpsc1d12dee.jpg

20130219_145234_zpsbe5c1d8f.jpg

20130219_145239_zpsb5d56829.jpg

20130219_145251_zpsad3fdcab.jpg

20130219_145259_zpsc8fa44df.jpg

20130219_145308_zpsafa1590b.jpg

Last edited:
Doesn't look too shabby, looks better here than the generic photo on eBay anyway.

Interested to hear how you get on with the fitting, hopefully it'll line up nicely. :smile:

I remember when race land made cheap stainless manifolds for 106's and everyone slated them, then a guy fitted one and it made really good gains, suddenly everyone had one. This could be the start of something good.... Or not

once fitted is there any chance of you doing an mot emissions test to see how it performs?

does look good for the price does that - just how it copes with lots of cold/hot starts only time will tell

such a shame the 197 manifold is a pig to change!

also iirc the configuration of the manifold is diffferent to the standard one isnt it? (1 & 4 - 2 & 3 paired) - nope its the same just checked!!!!

even if its not as "good" as the standard manifold it should still give improvements as the small cat restriction isnt there!!

Last edited:
I remember when race land made cheap stainless manifolds for 106's and everyone slated them, then a guy fitted one and it made really good gains, suddenly everyone had one. This could be the start of something good.... Or not

I remember that well, they were about 1/3 of the price of the GMC or Supersprint versions but similar gains!!!

The fitment was very hit and miss though on those.

I remember that well, they were about 1/3 of the price of the GMC or Supersprint versions but similar gains!!!

The fitment was very hit and miss though on those.

Ahh those were the days. Think it was a gmc one I had. Hung so low I destroyed it within 3 days. Patched it up. Destroyed it again. Got a race land. Fit was ****e but had good gains and tucked up under the car better

As with any manifold the proof is in then fitting! Lets hope it fits nicely!

Doesn't look too shabby, looks better here than the generic photo on eBay anyway.

Interested to hear how you get on with the fitting, hopefully it'll line up nicely. :smile:

Its all in the fitment, I'm Keeping my fingers crossed that it pops on :wink:

Lol so true, the future of this manifold hangs in the balance.

once fitted is there any chance of you doing an mot emissions test to see how it performs?

does look good for the price does that - just how it copes with lots of cold/hot starts only time will tell

such a shame the 197 manifold is a pig to change!

also iirc the configuration of the manifold is diffferent to the standard one isnt it? (1 & 4 - 2 & 3 paired) - nope its the same just checked!!!!

even if its not as "good" as the standard manifold it should still give improvements as the small cat restriction isnt there!!

I'll make sure an emissions test is carried out. Bear in mind that I already have ditched the main cat, it may be that I have to fit a sports cat tho to pass. We'll see. :smile:

Waiting for the verdict as mines started to blow

Should hopefully have it all done by the end of next week. Gonna put new engine mounts on at the same time so just need to order them.

looking forward to seeing how you get on with this matey,does the guy mapping it have experience with renaults,specifically 197/200's?

trouble is it will still crack! still quite a bit of potential weight hung out there with those 4-2-1 branches - think it would be better if the cylinder head branches were reinforced/double skinned and the lower section had a support of some sorts and to lessen vibration as well!!

those that run a de-cat are in a better position as the exhaust is a lot lighter...

wonder what tony law exhausts would make of it?

http://www.tonylawexhausts.co.uk/2410/frames.php