Toyosports Stainless Steel 4-2-1 decat Manifold (pic heavy)

I have the full ktec engine mount set except for the upper stabiliser mount as you no longer need it with this kit acording to their website....

I wasn't sure if i would still need to put powerflex bushes in those mounts to prevent the manifold knocking and getting damaged? I'm assuming no but I wanted to be sure?

Thanks for the reply mate

In that case If you can live with the vibrations, I'd personally get the powerflex upper torque arm bush as well then (I think that's the upper stabiliser mount).

That's not to say it's definitely needed, just what I've done.

Reactions: TB Rich
In that case If you can live with the vibrations, I'd personally get the powerflex upper torque arm bush as well then (I think that's the upper stabiliser mount).

That's not to say it's definitely needed, just what I've done.

I have the full KTR/Vibra set but I don't see the point in removing the upper torque arm, might as well leave it there if it helps in anyway so I just put a Powerflex in it also.

No, the ktec/vibra mounts are stiffer than Powerflex, and they wouldn't fit anyway as they are different.

We have just added a Powerflex in the OE upper torque arm - which is the one you can apparently remove with the ktec/vibra ones, although I don't see why you would tbh.

If you have the 3 ktec mounts now, these are the stiffest you can get in those locations (excluding Cup/R3 of course) so you shouldn't need anything else for a Toyo manifold....in theory as the fitment on Toyo's seems sporadic at best!

right i see, i will be placing my order for the manifold on pay day then! thanks for the help mate. out of interest i had mine mapped down at ktec about 9 months ago, i assume it will need remapping again when the toyo manifold is fitted?

It's debatable whether or not you'd need to get it remapped again, but I personally would.

yeah would be best, when I changed manifolds it ran like crap. But mine hadn't been mapped prior and also the manifold was an R3, so at a guess it'll likely be ok/driveable at least for you - but still I'd def budget for it sooner than later.