The Definitive What Exhaust Do You Have Thread...

What's Your System?

• Oreca- £480

Votes: 9 1.7%
  • Miltek- £530

Votes: 59 11.0%
  • Custom

Votes: 38 7.1%
  • Standard

Votes: 199 37.1%
  • TDF (Race)- £476

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • TDF (Road)- £456

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Yozzasport

Votes: 9 1.7%
  • Supersprint

Votes: 10 1.9%
  • Akropovic (Slip-On)- £930

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Akropovic (Full System)- £1092

Votes: 79 14.7%
  • K-Tec (1 Rear Silencers)

Votes: 16 3.0%
  • K-Tec (2 Rear Silencers)- £445

Votes: 45 8.4%
  • Standard (Centre-Selincer Removed)- £40->£60

Votes: 50 9.3%
  • Piper- £600

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Bastuck- £570

Votes: 3 0.6%

• Total voters
I was considering a TDF or scorpion.

I hadn't seen any if these reviews/comments about it. Do you have a link to any of them?

I have a milltek on my golf and it sounds perfect and was well made so might just at safe and stick to what I know...

Thanks.

No flat spot. Quiet when driving normally. Bat**** crazy when you want it to be. Shotgun bangs in upshift. Track legal. Road legal. Carbon tail trims. The build quality is a work of art. 14kg lighter than standard......there us a few reasons

Miltek etc aren't bad, it's just that the akra is better. You get what you pay for. I have a decat miltek and I'm happy with it, but would've definitely gone for akra if could justify the money lol. It's a bit like the debate with 330mm brake kit

No flat spot. Quiet when driving normally. Bat**** crazy when you want it to be. Shotgun bangs in upshift. Track legal. Road legal. Carbon tail trims. The build quality is a work of art. 14kg lighter than standard......there us a few reasons

Not had any problems with my scorpion, dads had many for all his bikes and have always been great. Its also quiet when driving normally but loud when you give it some. Pops etc on upshift. Is also track/road legal. Build quality looked good. Car back is about 8.3 kgs lighter than the standard, full system i think is just over 12kgs lighter.

Asked my friend at how fast what it sounded like going past when he spectated during the hot laps, he said it sounded just like the akra, akra was perhaps just slightly louder - you could hear it at the start of the corner coming towards the straight whereas the scorpion one you could begin to hear as exiting the corner into the straight.

Not doubting at all the akra is a great exhaust (dads also bike exhausts from them and were also all great). Would I have one - definitely. Would I spend +£1k? not sure, think I'd rather spend less (paid £350 for Non res cat back from scorpion) and the balance can go against brakes etc.

alot of it come down to budget. im not saying that everyone should go for the exhaust that i have. i was just weighing up why i have the one i do

I was tempted to go for the Supersprint race exhaust but it is to loud for track

If i had 1k spare now and i didnt already have my massive brakes id probably do the same and go for a cheaper exhaust and have the brakes too

I guess im just very lucky that i have both the Akra and the 330mm brakes (amongst other stuff)

When it comes down to track use, an hour of tuition (and maybe tyres) is worth more seconds per lap than any mod i have on my car

no point in having all the gear and no idea

Yeah I agree, would like to do another how fast this year but get the track tuition. Not to bothered about lots of other mods as its mainly just for fun

£1000 on an exhaust or £1000 on some A048s?......the 48s would be worth 2 seconds on track think

I wonder what the outcome would have been like if it was raining?

Can someone post a vid of their non resonated scorpion exhaust or TDF race exhaust? Im looking forward to buy one of these two but it seems that no one ever posted how they sound like

Sometimes they have 1 maybe 2 in stick Gaz.

Hope you enjoy it. They are awesome

Gutted, non in till end of July! That teaches me for being indecisive, been milling this over for about 2 months lol :worried: