Taking legal action against Renault, advice?

yeah stay away from Toomey southend. Damaged my mum wheel when doing a tyre change and tried to blame her!!

Ben I'd go on the renaultsport forum and post this.

Nick on a separate note, I used lookers at chelmsford :smile:

...go yo the dealers and wait until you can see someone at the table negotiating a deal with sales.....go up to the table and advise the potential buyer that the dealers is a load of crap and you would strongly advise against buying from them......tell them you'll keep doing that until they give you your £40 back

But try what I did, I put up a post explaining how appalling Renaults service was when I had corrosion issues on the alloys on Renaultsport.co.uk where everyone can see it on a site run by Renault.

The very next morning, I had a phone call solving the problem, after months of fighting them :smile:

^^^This^^^^

Social media is a very powerful consumer tool if used right. Already by posting here this franchise has lost customers. I'm sure a post on RUK will go even further.

I wonder - do we have a pinned post about services, what they do at each level and sensible questions/mentions that we ask/tell any dealer when we leave our pride and joy with them? You know - common sense things we all forget in a hurry.

Or like the recent Greenlight tie in - could we examine the possibility of this site approving local dealers? (If there are any good ones?)

Webby's idea of approving local dealers who work WITH the forum would be a good idea. That way they can monitor their own feedback.

Your only problem is finding a decent dealer, and then finding one that gives a toss about their customer service to the point they'll join and monitor a forum....

Pretty slim chance TBH :worried:

^^^This^^^^

Social media is a very powerful consumer tool if used right. Already by posting here this franchise has lost customers. I'm sure a post on RUK will go even further.

I wonder - do we have a pinned post about services, what they do at each level and sensible questions/mentions that we ask/tell any dealer when we leave our pride and joy with them? You know - common sense things we all forget in a hurry.

Or like the recent Greenlight tie in - could we examine the possibility of this site approving local dealers? (If there are any good ones?)

That would be an ideal way to try and make an improvement in the local Renault dealers. But yet again, I still think the dealers would not want anything to-do with this, its opens them up to scrutiny..

For example.. When i enquired about the gearbox on the 197 as to way it felt very notchy.. The answer was "Thats normal, its to give it more of a racing feel" :rofl:

As said above. Social media is the way forward...

Tried the dealer again today and apparently the service manager is now on a training course til next week, an excuse previously used last week. I wonder what would happen if i gave the receptionist a different name as to who was calling...

Tried the dealer again today and apparently the service manager is now on a training course til next week, an excuse previously used last week. I wonder what would happen if i gave the receptionist a different name as to who was calling...

....do it.....pretend to be his Mum....

...go yo the dealers and wait until you can see someone at the table negotiating a deal with sales.....go up to the table and advise the potential buyer that the dealers is a load of crap and you would strongly advise against buying from them......tell them you'll keep doing that until they give you your £40 back

this is something i have done with my local ford garage when i had my fiesta st :smile: it worked a treat lol

Franchise got back to me today. Spoke to a chap called Paul who was so rude and pushy at one point I had to remind him he was still talking to a customer! Obviously I've rattled his cage cos he was not happy with me.

Basically he said it's my word against theirs and that's not a battle I will win, he invited me to write an official letter of complaint but assured me it would go unanswered. I am amazed at his attitude towards me 2 be honest, I was gobsmacked, if he spoke to me like that in person I think I would probaly would have lashed out at the prat lol.

The fight goes on.

Last edited:
I can't believe the service they are providing, they obviously don't know what customer service is and how to keep customers happy so they return.

Franchise got back to me today. Spoke to a chap called Paul who was so rude and pushy at one point I had to remind him he was still talking to a customer! Obviously I've rattled his cage cos he was not happy with me.

Basically he said it's my word against theirs and that's not a battle I will win, he invited me to write an official letter of complaint but assured me it would go unanswered. I am amazed at his attitude towards me 2 be honest, I was gobsmacked, if he spoke to me like that in person I think I would probaly would have lashed out at the prat lol.

The fight goes on.

Thats awful service!

Its quite shameful that dealerships can act this way to a customer.

Every one seems to complain about renaults service. People should start to go to watch dog. As someone said, media is avery powerful thing. Even tho it might not help you get your issues fixed it may help you get some sense of satisfaction that renault will sqiurm over the bad publicity.

To be honest tho mate, I don't think you're going to get anywhere with renault. It sounds like you've pushed very hard and haven't got anywhere, bar writing a letter of complaint to the board of renault, I don't think you've got many other choices.

If you do want to persist, what about speaking to citizens advice? Im sure they'll be able to help.

I see on RSUK the Admins are all over the thread like a rash trying to help you. I think you should see a result to be honest, they were right off the ball with me immediately.

They said they'd PM'd you - i'm not going to ask for details, but was it positive?

The fight goes on.

Should of recorded the phone call

Seen the post on Renaultsport, nice one Ben they deserve a bit out negative PR for the way they have treated you, hope it ends in a good result.

I see on RSUK the Admins are all over the thread like a rash trying to help you. I think you should see a result to be honest, they were right off the ball with me immediately.

They said they'd PM'd you - i'm not going to ask for details, but was it positive?

Picking up full refund along with a letter of apology from franchise on Monday, your somewhat of a genius Mike if i do say so myself :wink: