Will taking Clio off road for a few months cause problems?

Hiya, after a bit of advice. I'm thinking of sorning the Clio for a few months because of cash flow problems, but wondering if it would cause expense/ damage to battery, tyres etc? My intention would be to leave handbrake off, then drive around my road (which happens to be private) every couple of weeks to keep thing ticking over. Is this enough? It would be kept outside btw.

My Clio was off the road for 6 months in 2012 as I was working abroad, came back home and there was no problems. It has been off the road again for the past two months due to me having a broken leg and again no problems though time will tell.

Sorry to hear about the leg Eddie, but that's reassuring about the car ;-). Did the brakes bind at all?

First time around, no sign of binding at all. Time will tell this time around, but if you leave the handbrake off and even drive it on a private road as you say you'll be grand :smile:.

Shouldn't cause any problems. I have a fiesta that wasn't used for 2 years, charged the battery and after the rust had worn off the discs it was OK :smile:

It Should be ok but pop down to lidl and buy some descecannt bags things I throw a couple of these on the front mats they soak up the condensation, and don't let it back out ! wicked little things ! so clever. This has almost stopped and condesation inside the car. Thats the real killer with electrics etc. Make sure its has some kind of air flow as well if you can. Don't lock it up in the garage it's worse that leaving it outside! My old VR6 went completely mouldy in a garage !! wrecked the seats etc. You could protect the underside with say Ambersil clear protector as well that always helps. !

Cheers,

Dave