Supporting Shuv!

A pair of helmets is cool. Risky buying the golf balls in case they duplicate ones he already has.

Reactions: Gordini
Anyone know if he's ever been to Brooklands?

The hotel there often has one night deals and it's a gorgeous hotel, great restaurant and bar, free hot tub outside on the roof, plus you can do the tour at Brooklands proper which is absolutely amazing. And it's right next to Mercedes Benz World.

Mrs M and I have done it a few times, it's excellent. Also sent both sets of inlaws and they loved it too.

Even if Shuvs Mrs isn't right into motorsport, she'd still enjoy the hotel and spa.

Just a suggestion.

Just had a look at Brooklands, it's just about within budget I think, and that's before I've looked for any deals. They'd really enjoy it I think. In fact I KNOW they would.

The hotel there often has one night deals and it's a gorgeous hotel, great restaurant and bar, free hot tub outside on the roof, plus you can do the tour at Brooklands proper which is absolutely amazing. And it's right next to Mercedes Benz World.

Mrs M and I have done it a few times, it's excellent. Also sent both sets of inlaws and they loved it too.

Even if Shuvs Mrs isn't right into motorsport, she'd still enjoy the hotel and spa.

Just a suggestion.
Great idea. I've been to MB World a few times and it is a great day out :smile: Let's finalise a few choices and put it to a vote? Do you have details Mes? I guess we'd have to see if we could buy a voucher for Shuv to choose a suitable date.

Just a suggestion.

I went to MB World when I was selling Mercs, what a place!

Reactions: Gordini and ///M
Not my area of expertise mate to be honest. But Mrs M would be able to sort something I'm sure.

Will get her to have a look for deals tonight.

I've been to MB world too. It's great. Did a winter driving course as I'd always wanted a go on a skid pan. Didn't have time to go to Brooklands, but wish I had. This sounds like a plan me. As said there's the hotel & spa for Mrs Shuv.

I haven't been around a great deal recently but this thread is amazing, I know of only 1 other forum with anything like this degree of kindness and humanity. It's a privilege to be a part of this.

I have chipped in, hope it helps.

I've been to MB world too. It's great. Did a winter driving course as I'd always wanted a go on a skid pan. Didn't have time to go to Brooklands, but wish I had. This sounds like a plan me. As said there's the hotel & spa for Mrs Shuv.
We had a safety driving course with work. Unfortunately (!) the skid pan broke and so we had to spend a couple of hours hooning it round their circuit in an E63 AMG. Sound of that car was bloody marvellous :smile:

Reactions: ///M
We had a safety driving course with work. Unfortunately (!) the skid pan broke and so we had to spend a couple of hours hooning it round their circuit in an E63 AMG. Sound of that car was bloody marvellous :smile:
Bet you were gutted having to waste 2 hours of your life hooning an AMG! I am not jealous, I am not jealous...stuff it I AM jealous!

Well we're up to £183 so can easily afford it, even the £159 option including spa treatments (that would leave just about enough for flowers).

Reactions: Johnny 99
Bet you were gutted having to waste 2 hours of your life hooning an AMG! I am not jealous, I am not jealous...stuff it I AM jealous!
Incredible day mate. The speeds we got up to on the track were just stupid (all the more so if you see the track, it is not much bigger than a karting circuit)

Incredible day mate. The speeds we got up to on the track were just stupid (all the more so if you see the track, it is not much bigger than a karting circuit)

It is a great place to visit but I'm biased as my daily is a Merc (not AMG! ☹ ). Yes it's just like a kart track. I had fun on the skid pan in an E class. The car collection is amazing too. That plus Brooklands makes for a great gift I think.

Ok so the list of extremely kind folks who have decided to make a kind gesture to Shuv currently stands as follows. It isn't so easy always matching the forum username to the real name so please shout if I've missed you :smile: Thank you all!

@Siliconsteve
@LOCKE
@skippy93
@Greg0986
@matt9566
@Pav
@///M
@Dystant
@Beany
@Johnny 99
@Antti O
@Big Ben
@Chris
@nutnutwelshman
@Jimmy
@DS197
@Sean197
@Gordini
@Micah
@Juk3sy
@peter
For those Sherlocks among us, there's nothing significant about the above order, it doesn't signify amount donated or anything :smile:

Last edited: