Supporting Shuv!

Well; funeral is tomorrow. Not one of life's most pleasurable moments, but grin and bare it, life goes on etc

My Nan had requested "Family Flowers only" - so @Gordini has forwarded me the monies which i shall be passing over to Barnby Church whilst i'm there. Thankyou very much. A very small village Church - and i'm sure it will be most appreciated and well used.

As were the extremely kind 'pick-me-ups' from you guys to me.

I had a vision of how i wanted to display the fantabulous helmet, and ordered a Perspex display case, a floating shelf unit; and today made a small stainless steel stand so that the helmet sits up a bit and thus centrally in the display.

It will sit on full view from the landing and will be in your face every single time you come down the stairs. It will make me smile and be a great reminder and make me think of my Nan. And you chaps of course :smile:

Just need to screw it onto the wall in the morning now - as i'm only just in from work............

IMG_6152_zpshhmt0cjv.jpg

IMG_6151_zps8oimkmbr.jpg

Thankyou all so very much. Hope i've done your kind thoughts some justification.

:smile:

Helmet and display case look brilliant! As you say will be a nice reminder of your nan (+ us lot :smiley: )

Funerals aren't the nicest things to go to, but it's good to get that chance to say goodbye properly.

Helmet looks brilliant mate, even better in the flesh I bet. Hope it had its desired effect to cheer you up :smile: Hope tomorrow goes ok for you and your family and you celebrate Eve's life :smile:

Reactions: sevenfourate
Helmet looks brilliant mate, even better in the flesh I bet. Hope it had its desired effect to cheer you up :smile: Hope tomorrow goes ok for you and your family and you celebrate Eve's life :smile:

Thanks all. Just one of those days you have to 'get through'. Just hoping my Dad and his Sister hold up ok more than anything

Yes - helmet is epic ! Working tinted visor, all the buckles, proper lining etc. Shame it isnt my size really :smile:

Its actually now on the wall too.I couldnt wait....... I'll get pics in the light. Looks brilliant

Thoughts with you and your family for tomorrow mate. Most likely today given the time you're up!

Stay strong.

The helmet sounds amazing mate. And I love the idea for mounting. Think it's a great idea.

Hope it all went ok today Shuv. Only just seen this post, so apologies for not commenting sooner. Best wishes to you and your family buddy.

The helmet display looks terrific, trademark Shulver attention to detail!

Hope today was full of fond memories mate.

Thanks guys - was a brilliant service with not too much sorrow and alot of fond memories. Bearing in mind she was 98 - this was the best way to be. A celebration of life. Not a mourning of death :smile:

Wake was at the home my Nan was in for 25 years; and we had a big picture album on display for everyone to look at.

About as good as you could have hoped for......

IMG_6159_zpshonb3gug.jpg

Nice to have fond memories to hold onto Shuv. Nans are always special.

Mine passed away last month and I was hurt bad by it but find myself now remembering her as she was when I was younger rather than how she was in the last days. Helps me a lot.

Time heals.

Hope you are ok mate.

Ben

Nice to have fond memories to hold onto Shuv. Nans are always special.

Mine passed away last month and I was hurt bad by it but find myself now remembering her as she was when I was younger rather than how she was in the last days. Helps me a lot.

Time heals.

Hope you are ok mate.

Ben

I'm so sorry to hear that Ben. Guy at the service of a senior age said he's going to at least one Burial / Cremation a month right now. A part of getting older i guess.....

Yea i'm ok thanks - was quite an uplifting service as they go.

Reactions: Gordini and Big Ben
Glad it went well Shuv. Sorry I couldn't comment earlier, I've been at mother in law's since Tue & no WiFi & used up my fone data allowance. The helmet looks great. A nice display & a reminder of Eve.