Strut Braces

assuming thats the price to swap....an easy and quick job then?

might be tempted myself at that :thumbsup:

TBH, I don't know, I left the car @ 9AM, had something to drink with the boys in the garage and left. Got the call @ 1PM to pick up the car.

I believe they didn't start working on the car till 11AM..

After <50km of driving "hard" with the new ARB i found that the car is less prone to understeer, noticably, but now the rear feels "lighter" (I like it that way).

The ARB is not nearly noticable in the normal traffic/driving as the front strut but when driving hard the car feels and really is faster in the curves (the curve I could drive through with 90km/h I can do now the same thing with 95km/h and it feels like 90km/h).

I have to get my wheels aligned again and the suspension setup accordingly to the new ARB. :smiley:

Well worth the money if you want to drive faster or with more grip/safer @ the same tempo like you did before.

After <50km of driving "hard" with the new ARB i found that the car is less prone to understeer, noticably, but now the rear feels "lighter" (I like it that way).

The ARB is not nearly noticable in the normal traffic/driving as the front strut but when driving hard the car feels and really is faster in the curves (the curve I could drive through with 90km/h I can do now the same thing with 95km/h and it feels like 90km/h).

I have to get my wheels aligned again and the suspension setup accordingly to the new ARB. :smiley:

Well worth the money if you want to drive faster or with more grip/safer @ the same tempo like you did before.

Glad you noticed the same m8.

Oh, and another thing is the ARB thickness:

Clio 200 Cup Racer - 22mm
Clio 200 - 21mm
Clio 197 - 20mm

This is why I've noticed the difference in the curves instantly in my 197. IMHO, there is even bigger gain when switching from Clio 197 ARB to Cup Racer than it is from Clio 200 because of the difference in the thickness of Clio 197/200 ARB.

Did someone delete my post about the front ARB with pics?

Clio Cup Racer front ARB:

IMAG0549.jpg

IMAG0548.jpg

Hi, thanks for that. I'm thinking about doing the front ARB. From the picture, looks like you also ordered the clamps and bushes. According to R.sport listings, the bushes are £60ish for the pair and clamps are £80 for the pair. This would make the ARB around £200 delivered? Unless you can use the existing clamps and bushes? Although thinking on, if the bars thicker, then the bushes will be different wont they?

I'll be ordering the Ultra Racing ARB too....I think?

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for that. I'm thinking about doing the front ARB. From the picture, looks like you also ordered the clamps and bushes. According to R.sport listings, the bushes are £60ish for the pair and clamps are £80 for the pair. This would make the ARB around £200 delivered? Unless you can use the existing clamps and bushes? Although thinking on, if the bars thicker, then the bushes will be different wont they?

I'll be ordering the Ultra Racing ARB too....I think?

They all come in the package together.

You get what you see for the money I wrote. :smiley:

Oh, and another thing is the ARB thickness:

Clio 200 Cup Racer - 22mm
Clio 200 - 21mm
Clio 197 - 20mm

This is why I've noticed the difference in the curves instantly in my 197. IMHO, there is even bigger gain when switching from Clio 197 ARB to Cup Racer than it is from Clio 200 because of the difference in the thickness of Clio 197/200 ARB.

Nice one raptor.
Il be ordering 1 soon. Will be good to see how it compares to my normal 200 version.

If anyone wants one of these (X85 Cup ARB) I fitted mine on Friday and I am struggling to get on with it so will probably be removing it soon. I won't be able to say for definite until after trying it on track tomorrow but initial impressions are that the standard 20mm ARB better suits my driving style.

If anyone wants one of these (X85 Cup ARB) I fitted mine on Friday and I am struggling to get on with it so will probably be removing it soon. I won't be able to say for definite until after trying it on track tomorrow but initial impressions are that the standard 20mm ARB better suits my driving style.

Can I have first dibs. Whats it like on the road?