Question about Strengthening beams (strut braces)

Complete novice about these so excuse my lack of knowledge.
just wanted to know if there were any strut braces (if there called that) that i could put on my car to stiffen the chassis or improve the handling in some way that doesnt involve use of a roll cage.

I was wondering about the 2 points either side of the rear seats or in the boot to put some sort of anti roll bar across it, does that make sense or am i as confused about it as i think i am.

Any information would be gerat. Cheers

something like this? its an ultra racing part available from 519 automotive. become a member and have a look in the trader section.
prices are
Renault Clio 197/200 front strut brace £62.11

Renault Clio 197/200 front lower brace £79.06

Renault Clio 197/200 rear strut brace £79.06

Renault Clio 197/200 rear anti-roll bar 18mm £135.53

packaging and Shipping is £8 per item, or £18 for all 4
img1014h.jpg

Last edited:
Most popular one is in the engine bay. But as the above post mentions, there are four possible options.

Stiffening up the rear will improve turn in. But the back may become a tad more lively

well the lower fixing use the bolts that attach the ISO fix bar to the car, so in theory it should be plenty strong enough.

Could the rear brace be made with a quick release of some sort? To make it easily removable in case of the sudden need to carry something large:smile:

but what a front strut brace help/does, pls?

Helps to reduce flex/twist across the front of the chassis. Provides a solid connection between the two suspension turrets, which aids turn-in by deflecting force from one side to the other which helps stabilise front end geometry. Although, the turrets on the Clio are right up against the blukhead so it's debatable how much of a difference one would make to this car. But, saying that, I haven't driven one that's had one fitted so I can't really pass judgement.

Similar Thread Suggestions