Steves Megane conversion build - She's finally running (VIDEO inside)

Looking good mate, There will be a day when i will have to hacksaw into the floor too!

Although i'm going to try my luck with the original pump first as it'll be stg1, stg2 and eventually after that more....

Its not to bad tbh, just use an air nibbler. Then access to the sender is easy peasy. I took mine out in about a minute, usually it would be about a days job to do that.

Its not to bad tbh, just use an air nibbler. Then access to the sender is easy peasy. I took mine out in about a minute, usually it would be about a days job to do that.

Could you make another cover please.

Any my thoughts about exhaust system, I recon the standard rear section is quite restrictive?

Looking good mate, There will be a day when i will have to hacksaw into the floor too!

Although i'm going to try my luck with the original pump first as it'll be stg1, stg2 and eventually after that more....

You'll need luck too if you go with standard pump, injectors were maxed out at St 1

Could you make another cover please.

Any my thoughts about exhaust system, I recon the standard rear section is quite restrictive?

Ill get on it this week at work mate, I'll drill out the hole for the wire grommet but leave all the other holes for you to drill out to match the hole you've cut above your sender.

I think you need a 3" system to go over 350 and cams. I've got a milltek non res at the moment.

Ill get on it this week at work mate, I'll drill out the hole for the wire grommet but leave all the other holes for you to drill out to match the hole you've cut above your sender.

I think you need a 3" system to go over 350 and cams. I've got a milltek non res at the moment.

Thanks. My pumps has standard fittings so only need hole for wire grommet. No return system but 250 regs on the rail too. I recon your right as standard system only flows to around 250bhp anyway.

Thanks. My pumps has standard fittings so only need hole for wire grommet. No return system but 250 regs on the rail too. I recon your right as standard system only flows to around 250bhp anyway.

Okay that's fine. I can sand blast it if you want? so you can paint it.

Steven Johnson with that 390HP megane r26 was saying that as 350 mark the exhaust system was holding it back. Once that was changed his went to 390HP. So a worth while upgrade I think.

Steven Johnson with that 390HP megane r26 was saying that as 350 mark the exhaust system was holding it back. Once that was changed his went to 390HP. So a worth while upgrade I think.

Im around 320bhp before hybrid was fitted. I need another 15bhp to make my target. Still not convinced my fuel system or exhaust will get me there. Exhaust needs to be 3' exhaust with a different configuration

What paint are you using?

I sandblasted it and had it powder coated on my previous engine.

Im around 320bhp before hybrid was fitted. I need another 15bhp to make my target. Still not convinced my fuel system or exhaust will get me there. Exhaust needs to be 3' exhaust with a different configuration

320 before hybrid? good is that, what are the mods?

Megane 250 engine, has wilder cams than the 225, lower compression, better head and a bigger turbo + better fuel system

UPDATE:

Big week this week parts wise. Now the engine is done Im concentrating again on the transmission.

On wednesday my Helix 4 Paddle clutch arrived with pressure plate. It should handle the torque fine. I know it wont be ideal for around town driving due to its "ON OFF" feel, Im sure Ill get used to it. Lovely bit of kit and Im glad Ive gone overkill on the clutch, the last thing I would want is for it to slip after all the work Ive put in to anything else.

Today my gearbox parts finally arrived, so excited. They look to good though to put in my gearbox :lol: They have been Cryo frozen, shot peened and super finished, this should result in a 40 % stronger and smoother gearbox with less losses.

Over the weekend Ill start rebuilding the gearbox so Ill keep you updated.

0B412358-DBF3-4D36-A6F3-6E77CF353176_zps4neeka28.jpg

22DEF254-6C13-4C71-B160-3E1D4D9B7810_zpsyheu06d2.jpg

D6603A77-884F-4C0B-993D-99314DC48389_zpsxgreykse.jpg

6FE97736-2F0E-4292-976F-184C4A31B772_zpsoe3zuven.jpg

717B0D77-E1D5-42AC-89F7-5B5708233785_zps71bhirur.jpg

Thanks

Got to ask why you went with a 4 paddle clutch and not 6 out of curiousity