Megane brembos with speedline wheels

Maidens1979

Paid Member
Hi, does anyone know if the updated Brembo callipers will fit with the speedline wheels? I have a set and they look a fair bit bigger than the standard brembos that are on my 200.
0D577829-E523-4CF0-B631-66DB18E91572.jpegD276C7E6-2567-4584-B173-647D4A71ECD7.jpeg

Do you mean the Brembos off a mk3 megane?
They’re a tight squeeze under a 17” wheel but fit ok even with bigger discs. If you mean will the offset be an issue then I can’t answer as both my sets of wheels are et45B6DFF54F-BE3B-47D1-BECB-0551E150A40F.jpeg

Yep the Brembos of the mk3 megane.
I think the offset is going to be the issue, from what I can see from looking at them the speedline wheels will make contact at the lower part of the spoke.

Yeah this is my dilemma, I’d like to fit the brembos but I’m a bit unsure I want to go 20mm.
I’ve got some washers in the garage that’ll allow me to test what will allow the wheels to fit with clearance, then I can judge from there what spacers I’ll need.

If it helps I run 20mm spacers on my car with Speedlines and the wheels sit nicely under the arches, whilst filling out the arches.

Nope, I was just trying to be helpful about how 20mm spacers fit. I have no idea if it would help with the callipers.

Just a thought, would be worth checking the position of the wheel weights as well in relation to the bigger calipers. Mine fouled slightly on one set of wheels not the other. Got over it by using lead weights and hammering them flatter

You may also be able to put the weights on the inside of the wheel instead of outside (near the spokes)

Reactions: Maidens1979
3D print the brembo caliper and use it for test fitting so you don’t scratch the nice paint

Or sell them to me [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I’ve read they’re the same as the ones we have on the Clio but just a different design.
So other than being nice and shiny I don’t think I'll see any other benefits.

I’d agree, they’re both 4 piston, the real benefit would be from a bigger disc to increase the braking work done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I’ve read they’re the same as the ones we have on the Clio but just a different design.
Pads are much bigger which should help dissipate heat if not added stopping power. Are you intending to use them on standard Clio discs?

You’ll need at least 330mm brakes I would have thought or the Megane 340mm ones, which would then give you increased braking power. IIRC, the pistons are the same diameter between the two but as Ben has said, the pad itself is larger than than those in the standard Brembos.