Megane brembos with speedline wheels

Pads are much bigger which should help dissipate heat if not added stopping power. Are you intending to use them on standard Clio discs?

Let’s be honest, the OEM brakes are fine and don’t struggle with overheating or lack of bite if using a decent pad and fluid. We do it for the looks [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: M154MATT and RSRowe
Yeah I’m planning to use them on the standard discs
I’d test fit them then and see if they clear the hub (on the 312mm discs). They may do but there would be part of the pad that isn’t making contact with the disc.

Not really a worthwhile upgrade unless you’re also increasing disc diameter because in theory you’ve still got the same amount of pad material making contact with the discs as you would if you kept the standard callipers.

Nothing wrong with that if you’re doing it for looks only as I’ll be the first to admit that’s why I bought a set of Megane callipers.

Main reason I’m fitting them is because one of the bleed nipples is snapped on one of the callipers (ones on the car ATM), so it needs sending of for a repair. And having these megane ones sitting around got me thinking.

What sort of adaptor brackets do the mk3 Meg calipers need? And isn't the wheel pcd different on the megane discs?

What sort of adaptor brackets do the mk3 Meg calipers need? And isn't the wheel pcd different on the megane discs?
Calliper spacers and longer fixing bolts. May need to go for longer bolts with a flat head depending on what wheels you’re using.

Yes PCD is different and will need re-drilling and/or some creative filing. You’ll also need a spigot ring to centre the brake disc as centre bore is slight bigger on the Megane.

Reactions: Paul_D
Or fit 250 discs front and back and Meg coupe not r26r wheels on too. No my cars not a track car :laughing:.

Calliper spacers and longer fixing bolts. May need to go for longer bolts with a flat head depending on what wheels you’re using.

Yes PCD is different and will need re-drilling and/or some creative filing. You’ll also need a spigot ring to centre the brake disc as centre bore is slight bigger on the Megane.
I think certain companies now do a bigger disc to match the Clio pcd

I think certain companies now do a bigger disc to match the Clio pcd
Yes mate you’re certainly right. A lot of the companies who do two piece discs can use a Clio hat with a 330mm/340mm rotor saving you the headache of having the Megane discs machined and no need for spigot ring either.

Reactions: Big Ben
OK so the mk3 callipers fit the Clio bracket.
Speedlines don’t fit over them and make contact at the lower edge under the Brembo logo.
And finally the pads are to big for the Clio standard discs.
Meh!