Selling a car standard or with Mods

For me standard because it allows the buyer to personalise it to there liking
But that's me

Depends on the level of mods, slight cosmetic mods can make a vehicle more desirable and therefore sell better.

Big JDM scene exhausts on a tiny hatchback as a silly example would be the kind of thing to put back to standard imo.

Generally put it back to standard. A modified car can limit appeal, and purchasers may be unwilling to spend a premium on your modifications. If you put it back to standard you can still sell the modifications to enhance the overall realisation.

I put my 182 back to standard apart from the trophy wheels.

What you selling Rich?

The 182's going I think, with me being unable to drive properly for an indefinite amount of time its just sitting in the garage. If I do drive its in the KA (its really easy to steer) and Gem's always in the 197. Its just sitting there costing us money, plus with being physicaly challenged atm I'd like to drop my hours so getting rid would help.

It doesn't really have any cosmetic mods apart from sprayed bullets.
Its on coilovers, the shock where knackered so I tock the oppertunity to change, so I dont have the originals.
Its Decatted but I will be putting the Cat back in.
It has Catcams and a remap, I do have the original cams but it would be pricey to change back to standard from that point of view.
The previous owner fitted a custom exhast so I dont have the original of that either

I'm not looking for extra on the value of the car due to the mods, just what a normal LY would go for. Plus with the engine work it has the little baby throws out 189bhp :wink:

What are people thoughts?

Sure someone will bite your hand off to get hold of it Rich
No how you feel about it costing you and not being able to drive it

No how you feel about it costing you and not being able to drive it

It sucks dont it.

I can deal with not being able to run, get dressed easily and all the day to day stuff you need your right arm for, but not being able to drive, particularly spirited, is driving me mad. I miss it do much

It sucks dont it.

I can deal with not being able to run, get dressed easily and all the day to day stuff you need your right arm for, but not being able to drive, particularly spirited, is driving me mad. I miss it do much

Not to put a downer on it mate but it gets worse take it fro
Me

this is quite a usefull thread for me too.
ive got the oulton cadge and a couple of other bits, im going on the fact it looks more like a cup race car or the megane r26r, im probably looking at it the wrong way lol

Delends totally on level of mods and vehicle and if you have the standard parts to put back on "cheap".
You will get more of the mod value back if selling the parts separate.
With the 182 I would sell as is, it will go straight away if not a silly price.

My 182 had a lot of tastefull mods.

BTB exhaust, ITG Maxogen, Ktec coilovers, CF splitter, CF badges, CF rear bump strip, CF dash strips, Polished inlets, fresh refurbed cup turinis, fresh yellow stuff pads and disc at front new OEM pads and discs on the rear and whatever else.

I wanted 4k for the car modded. I had near no interest on forums or AutoTrader. I ended up selling 90% of the mods for about 1400 and giving Renault the car for 3200.
All my mods had sold within a week I think.

How much you wanting for it?

I am sure you wont have trouble selling. TBH I would love a 182 that I could buy outright, would save me a chunk each month!

How much would you be looking at selling it for?

How much you wanting for it?

I am sure you wont have trouble selling. TBH I would love a 182 that I could buy outright, would save me a chunk each month!

I've been looking at loads of websites today and they have been going up for 5.5K-6k for LY, do I guess somewhere around that.

Anyone interested? Especially before I start changing bits? :smile: