cars you've regretted selling?

Hi All,

In a real quandry. Just taken a deposit on our (3rd car) - balance due at the weekend. Reality has hit home and I (and the missus) really love this car. Finances say sell but the heart says keep.

Who's been in the same position and regretted greatly down the line?

Car is a perfectly modded little lupo gti which we've had for 3 years. Got a 200 just over a month ago, and have another diesel for motorway work.

Really don't know whether I will regret this big time. We can afford to keep just, but financially it is not the wisest decision.

???????????????

N.

My Saxo VTS - Suki Saxo, I miss that car so much, I loved that car more than I love any car I have owned since, and I wish I could still have her :worried::worried::worried:

But, as with the 197, money has to come first in terms of cars - but in a bitter twist, we would be far better off if we'd have kept Suki rather than sold her :worried:

My Sierra Ghia it was the best car I ever had it cost me £5000 years ago and in 5 years it didn't cost me a penny on MOTs and nothing ever went wrong with it
And it was quick for then

My Saxo VTS - Suki Saxo, I miss that car so much, I loved that car more than I love any car I have owned since, and I wish I could still have her :worried::worried::worried:

But, as with the 197, money has to come first in terms of cars - but in a bitter twist, we would be far better off if we'd have kept Suki rather than sold her :worried:

I feel your pain mike I sold my vtr, with a vts conversion a while back, worst thing was I sold it to one of my mates, who whilst he has owned has removed the vts engine(cammed and ported and polished head) and put the old vtr engine back in, he has also destroyed the rear axle and also it now idles like a bag of s**t!

I miss that car sooooo much, I know people say saxos are chavy but they are so much more if you modify them properly. :'( I let it go for £1300, it was worth alot more to me than that :/

...I had a Lupo GTi for a couple of years....I did regret selling....but I got a 182 Trophy and was happy again...I still regret selling that though several cars down the line....

I feel your pain mike I sold my vtr, with a vts conversion a while back, worst thing was I sold it to one of my mates, who whilst he has owned has removed the vts engine(cammed and ported and polished head) and put the old vtr engine back in, he has also destroyed the rear axle and also it now idles like a bag of s**t!

I miss that car sooooo much, I know people say saxos are chavy but they are so much more if you modify them properly. :'( I let it go for £1300, it was worth alot more to me than that :/

Gutting :worried::worried::worried::worried:

Here is Suki:

NL2.jpg

Dead now though - 4 owners after me :worried::worried::worried: Kept tabs on her right up until 3 months before she died :worried:

i miss my old 106. quicksilver shell with a rallye engine

11122007050.jpg

...can you afford to run him and get a new car? If so, then keep him!! If I could've kept my Trophy I would've......

Looks good, here's mine still have a soft spot for saxos :smile:

I'm the same

I've had 3!!! First car was a 1.0 Saxo.

Then my Icelandic Grey VTR, which was MINT condition and only on 41k for a 52 plate. The new owner best be looking after it!!

Now my 197. and Bought a MK1 VTS for a little project.

Bmw 325ti - sold to save money on fuel, bought a civic ep2, the worst car i have ever owned.

Alfa 156jts - sold as was falling apart. Pumped 4k into it in terms of mods and fixes. Was one of them good money after bad.

(will update with pics when home)

Similar Thread Suggestions