Selling my car, am I asking too much?

Yep its a little overpriced. However I think you could get closer to that money by selling the recaros separately (think smoggy mark got about £1500 for his leather recaros) and the akrapovic separately.

Also the car is still financed? If it is not many people are going to want to touch it.

Hey Chris,
i was thinking about taking a few bits off to sell separately. The finance thing I didn't think would be too much of an issue... If I'm honest I don't want to sell, it's my favourite car, if I don't sell it I can see it staying with me for a very long time.

Thanks for for your opinions!

No-one will buy it with that damage for that price IMO.

Hey Matt, I agree, think it might be worth spending the money to get it sorted. If I keep it I would do it anyway. I've been quoted £300 by two very good body shops so think I will get it done.

Second car ive had where I've parked up and come back to find a bit of damage... I'm sure the more care you take finding a spot the more chance you have of getting screwed over!

I think the money you are asking for is spot on. All I would say is either get the damage sorted prior to sale and ask for £10,500 or leave it as is and get a near to £10,250 as you can. The spec is what will sell the car.

I think the money you are asking for is spot on. All I would say is either get the damage sorted prior to sale and ask for £10,500 or leave it as is and get a near to £10,250 as you can. The spec is what will sell the car.

Thats more like it!

Thats a price you'd probably see it up at a dealer for, but without the damage, get the damage sorted and it'll gain more interest.

If its at £10,250 even with the extra's I don't think you'd get much interest, you might have to lower to around £9,500 to start the phone ringing.

As suggested do a deal for the seats, Akra and headunit if you want to get near that price.

BTW how much for the Akra seperately? :wink:

Take off the Akra IMO and list it for £10k and entertain offers about £9.5k, it may also be worth getting the repair sorted prior as I personally wouldn't entertain buying one with damage it'd need to be mint for that money.

Take off the Akra IMO and list it for £10k and entertain offers about £9.5k, it may also be worth getting the repair sorted prior as I personally wouldn't entertain buying one with damage it'd need to be mint for that money.

Cheers Warren, I think this is sound advice, will get that done. Such a shame because other than the damage it is in great condition. It's had a couple of offers around £9500 mark so I guess that's the going rate. I love the car so may keep it another year and get myself to some meets.

Thats a price you'd probably see it up at a dealer for, but without the damage, get the damage sorted and it'll gain more interest.

If its at £10,250 even with the extra's I don't think you'd get much interest, you might have to lower to around £9,500 to start the phone ringing.

As suggested do a deal for the seats, Akra and headunit if you want to get near that price.

BTW how much for the Akra seperately? :wink:

Hey Matt, cheers for input, possibly going to take the system off and sell it even if I keep the car. It's 4000 miles old... 5 or 6 months I think and awesome... But I could go with some cash. I will be selling it around the £850 mark. Still got the original in mint condition too which is good. Luckily I'm ocd with keeping bits.

Cheers Warren, I think this is sound advice, will get that done. Such a shame because other than the damage it is in great condition. It's had a couple of offers around £9500 mark so I guess that's the going rate. I love the car so may keep it another year and get myself to some meets.
Glad it came across well! I re-read it last night and thought it sounded a bit rude. The problem is the markets so saturated with poverty specs that it's driving the prices down and then all over the place. I've got an R27 that I put up for sale in spring and had 2 viewers who both basically said "I can buy one for £4k on Autotrader, yours is overpriced I'll offer you that and I have it here with me now". I laughed at them and took it off the market, hard pushed to find a replacement for it anyway without spending another 6-10k on top.

Last edited:
Glad it came across well! I re-read it last night and thought it sounded a bit rude. The problem is the markets so saturated with poverty specs that it's driving the prices down and then all over the place. I've got an R27 that I put up for sale in spring and had 2 viewers who both basically said "I can buy one for £4k on Autotrader, yours is overpriced I'll offer you that and I have it here with me now". I laughed at them and took it off the market, hard pushed to find a replacement for it anyway without spending another 6-10k on top.

Not rude at all, haha, I can see myself keeping it... If only to see those poorly driven 'sports' cars disappear in my rear view mirror. I've been lucky enough to have owned some pretty tasty cars and my Clio is the one I've totally bonded with and have confidence in. Around corners nothing I've owned touches it and strait line speed is easy and boring after a while... Bar a TVR Tuscan, that was mental.

Good good! :thumbsup:
They're a fantastic little car, sure it has it's niggles (Insert French joke here) but without spending big money I couldn't personally find anything to replace it. I've only owned 3 cars, first 2 where shocking but my boss likes his cars and he always gets a nice company car which I'm allowed to drive. Drove a Cayman he had as a courtesy car last year, my god that was a fun weekend and his dad let me drive his M5 last month, he bought it for himself as a 70th birthday present lmao. I had to peel myself from the seat after I got back :scared:

Well the car is now completely sorted after having all paint sorted and back on line for sale. Asking £10,250 or near offer but it really is in such good shape and has a great spec with lots of extras... we will see.