Scratched over the weekend...........

I woke up Sunday morning to find that some :whatever: had keyed my R27 across the boot (down to the metal) and across the rear quarter panel and fuel flap! Needless to say im gutted! The car had absolutley no marks on it anywhere up untill then. I wouldnt mind but it was parked on the drive which is away from the road and round the back of the house :swear: From now on its defo living in the garage on a night.

Has anyone had their LY painted? I presume its going to be an expensive job due to the colour?

sorry to hear that mate,

i think the L/Y can be a pain in the arse to colour match as well,

hope you get it sorted soon as tho.

That's going to be a whole rear boot lid and bumper repaint and the whole side which is scratched. That will be a nightmare for them to match

I'm gutted for you mate. That's a lovely looking car and some horrible b@Stard has ruined it for you. This country is full of these knob heads.

That's going to be a whole rear boot lid and bumper repaint and the whole side which is scratched. That will be a nightmare for them to match

I'm gutted for you mate. That's a lovely looking car and some horrible b@Stard has ruined it for you. This country is full of these knob heads.

Thats what I thought, might be cheaper to get the whole thing painted GW :tongueout: lol

And your right, you cant have anything nice without some little scroat ruining it! Kinda glad that I didnt catch them in the act too :angry:

Thats what I thought, might be cheaper to get the whole thing painted GW :tongueout: lolQUOTE]

That would confuse the R27 register nicely :wink: I say do it!!!!!

On a more serious note, i would be gutted too. The trick is to try and get something out of it.

Ok some has keyed your car its no good thing! If it was me i would try and look at ways of getting something out of the repair seeing as your going to have to spend some money, might as well get something done whilst its in to save on what could have been a future expense anyway! Still going to hurt on the wallet mind.

Gutted mate, i know the feeling from a previous car! I would probably have done bad things if i caught somebody doing that to my R27!

A guy in my town got crashed into and the paint match on his LY was a bit iffy and it was a good match too.. So can be a nightmare.

Thats what I thought, might be cheaper to get the whole thing painted GW :tongueout: lolQUOTE]

That would confuse the R27 register nicely :wink: I say do it!!!!!

On a more serious note, i would be gutted too. The trick is to try and get something out of it.

Ok some has keyed your car its no good thing! If it was me i would try and look at ways of getting something out of the repair seeing as your going to have to spend some money, might as well get something done whilst its in to save on what could have been a future expense anyway! Still going to hurt on the wallet mind.

Thats a fair point Dan, I need to have a think about what else could be done whilst its in :smile:

ahhh thats rubbish, main prob in liquid yellow is thats its 3 stage paint i think meaning it requires a certan basecoat then followed with a tinted coat, then laquer on top, this means that depending on how much of the middle coat is put on will change the colour ........ a good bodyshop will get it looking spot on i am sure, thats wot there job is!

i looked at buying a damaged megane 225 in the nice metalicy orange colour, rang my paint suplier and asked about the colour that was also 3 stage so didnt get the car! got a nice racing blue 197 now, easy colour to paint...........especially after i lent the car my brother and came back with a dented/scratched rear 1/4 panel, lol

Aw mate I am completely gutted for you. That is one of my biggest fears, I wouldn't be held accountable for my actions in response if I got hold of the scum. They shouldn't be allowed to walk the streets IMO!

I hope that you manage to get it sorted without any problems. My advice would be to take it somewhere with a reputation to uphold and don't be afraid to send it back if it isn't up to standard or your expectations.

Gutted for you fella! Get the beast parked in the garage, I know you shouldn't have to but it would before the best! :thumbup1:

Sorry to hear that mate, I had mine keyed last year down both sides. The drivers side was down to the metal and the passenger side was just light. Had the driver's side sprayed to the tune of £450. Very annoying and a complete waste of money.

Yes, easily done, paint match wont be a problem. The paint shop will only put colour on in the scratched area, then re-laquer the whole lot :smile:

Sorry to hear about the damage :worried:

What is wrong with this country now?

Mindless, jealous chavs!!

Gutted for you dude :hug:

Noob heads! was it at urs in in Firth? we need to track them down and scratch their faces!

It was parked at the GF's mate

Aw mate I am completely gutted for you. That is one of my biggest fears, I wouldn't be held accountable for my actions in response if I got hold of the scum. They shouldn't be allowed to walk the streets IMO!

I hope that you manage to get it sorted without any problems. My advice would be to take it somewhere with a reputation to uphold and don't be afraid to send it back if it isn't up to standard or your expectations.

Yeah thanks mate, im defo gonna make sure it gets done properly. Took it to Impact in Brighouse today, not sure if you know it but they do alot of celeb's cars there, its got a really good reputation.

Yes, easily done, paint match wont be a problem. The paint shop will only put colour on in the scratched area, then re-laquer the whole lot :smile:

Sorry to hear about the damage :worried:

The body shop said they want to paint as little of the car as possible, but they are going to paint the complete boot lid and try to blend the qaurter panel.

What is wrong with this country now?

Mindless, jealous chavs!!

Gutted for you dude :hug:

Exactly mate! Its sickening to think that some mindless scroat has damaged it. At the end of the day we all work hard to own nice cars!