Scratched bonnet from lifting window wiper

Buddyboy

Platinum Member
Why o why do people think its funny to lift people's window wipers now I have a scratched bonnet . Lucky for me I found out who did it and I'm gonna make him :whatever: pay. Well pissed only had the car two weeks .

Saw my mate attempting to do it, luckily I saw him in literally screamed at him, such a poor design!

same happened to me in work.

found out who did it and went ape on him. made sure everyone new what happened in work so that everyone new not to do it.

just leave other peoples things alone isn't it! :argue::argue:

Yeah some one did the same to mine and my brothers car last night childish dicks, they laughed and said it was tiny and I was fuming because I keep it mint and they dont give a **** because it's not theirs.

There is no way he is going to pay for it and my bloods boiling so I may do something stupid to get my own back

Last edited:
On some model of cars that have this design you can turn ignition on and put on wiper or something and puts it into a setting where they move up a little to enable you to lift them.

Alas i have not found out if its possible on the 197/200

yea, the wiper design really is a fail.

My bonnet got dented when i sent it to the washers and they just pulled it up assuming that like other cars it would stand. LOL...

I made the same rookie mistake whilst i was washing it the other day, Didnt realise i was ruining it till it was too late :|

This happened to me by all my friends just yesterday. Like i can appreciate a good practical joke, but the one thing you dont touch is my car. Its my pride and joy. You never touch and enthusiasts car!! Worst thing is noone is even owning up to it, so looks like the damage is coming out of my pocket

as previously owning a twingo rs I was used to the wipers not being liftable. but at least in the twingo there was a mechanical endpoint in the hinge that prevented hitting, scratching or denting the bonnet.

as I first washed the clio then, I carefully lifted the wiper and noticed that this endpoint was not present in the clio. I thought "hell no, it's just a matter of time..." and bought an original renault paint repair kit in the matching colour...

one week later a good friend wanted to do me a favor by cleaning my windscreen while I was filling up at the local petrol station. I noticed too late and even though I started screaming while he was not even lifting the wiper, by the time he realized what I was screaming about, it was too late... :worried:

so i touched it up and now I'm waiting for the next careless service guy at a petrol station to scratch it again :wink: