Scratched Boot Glass Help

ForgedV

Gold Member
Hi everyone,

I recently got my windows tinted a factory tint style on my 200 and have since noticed score/ scratch marks in the rear boot window. This scratch runs the whole way round the edge of the glass where they've cut it to size with a knife of some sort. Was told they were different to a normal style stanley where they arent as harsh as a stanley blade on glass. They have opened up and admitted that it would have been them thats damaged it.

Now I'm looking for some advice. There is already a few marks on the rear glass where the previous owner has used the rear wiper blade with the metal inserts hanging out however its not as noticeable as the score marks on the dark glass edges.

Is there anything on the market that can remove the marks, and/ or is the boot glass a part of the complete tailgate or available as a seperate part?

Thanks in advance

Unfortunately there isnt much you can do i work for autoglass and although there is people on the market selling polishes ect none of them will work and your best bet is to get a new rear window fitted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Joe, thanks for the reply. I thought that would be the case. I'll get onto renault to find out a cost.