Rogue's Turbo'd R27 - 306bhp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes i like it, I like it a lot...

...apart from 2 things, the rear lights and the front grilles. But each to their own of course, great job with the calipers, any close ups?

So I've had a nightmare today.

Car came in for a major service, Cambelt/aux belt change, engine oil change, brake lines and uprated fluid.

Bleed nipples for all the calipers were pretty much bonded in! With some heat they managed to get the fronts undone but no the rears without threading the calipers and nipples. So I've had to shell out for two new rear calipers.

On top of that, rear discs will be needed soon. Just had to buy new front ones...and I'm supposed to be going to the ring nxt week.

I could actually cry. :worried:

Were did you go to get the belts done mate?
And sorry about the callipers they seem to cause problems with these motors.
My rear disks will need doing in the next few months I have just spent £750 on her they are all money these cars aha.

Cheers man. I don't think it looks great in pictures either haha

Its getting a lot of attention from RS owners up at the ring.

Not sure if its good or bad love but its turning heads!

No they're actually Ktec wheels, and everyone seems to think they're comps! I swear I got asked 3 times at HF.

So after spending a small fortune on her last month, (Somewhere near £1300?!) I'm at a bit of a cross roads.

Although the rear spoiler is fitted, I'm not happy with it and Simon has gratefully said he could take it back and respray it for me. So here's my dilemma.

I'm thinking of reverting the car back to standard (or as standard as I can get her) and sell her on. Or take off all the yellow bits and go all black.

I've put a fair amount of time, effort and money into the car, and when I was looking around at HF, I think she stood out for the wrong reasons. I was almost embarrassed.

If I had a few k spare, i'd probably just strip her and run it as a track toy and I think the black/yellow would work as a track car...but I'm not really in a position to do that.

So watch this space.

I know exactly what you mean when you say "almost embarrassed" I've been feeling the same towards mine for a while and have intended to remove all the stickers and go stealth. What really grates me are my yellow wheels but nowI have purchased some beautiful new white ones I may change my mind.

Looking forward to seeing your plans though and I'm sure there's a few peopl that will want your yellow bits.

Would be a shame if you sold up though.

I'm not sure if it's an age thing Angel?

I sat in Kev's Meg on Saturday and immediately just felt like it was so much more of a "grown up" car.

I think at 30, I might be too old for this modifying malarky and want to tone it down a bit lol

I'm 31 and I love the stuff that I get to do to my car

I was gonna mention to you in Saturday but I really do like your car. Looks hard as nails

I'd leave it as it is apart from paint diffuser gloss black and the same with the yellow badges

Apart from that looks ace in the flesh

I'm 31 and I love the stuff that I get to do to my car

I was gonna mention to you in Saturday but I really do like your car. Looks hard as nails

I'd leave it as it is apart from paint diffuser gloss black and the same with the yellow badges

Apart from that looks ace in the flesh

Agree with all of this.

Its a shame to be honest cause being different is what I love about it....and God help me if at 30 you feel like your too old to modify. IMO, the black and yellow really works, just maybe rethink what needs to be which....just a thought

Last edited:
The other way of looking at it Pete is that everyone else at how fast was embarrassed that their cars all looked the same :smile:

Pete your car looks great when I had my nimbus one someone said why don't I buy a more age appropriate car as I'm nearly 40 , so I bought a black one and I love modifying it as I don't drink or smoke so it's like a hobby to me lol

My other thought, is that at current state, it marks it particularly hard to sell - should I want too.

I might take litchys advice and rethink what needs to b yellow and strip I down a bit at a time. Start with the badges and wing mirrors, put them back to black and see how I get on.

I really do love that diffuser though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
1 Gallery 11
Glenn_Adam_Doble Spotted 0