Rogue's Turbo'd R27 - 306bhp

Status
Not open for further replies.
TDF yesterday for Remap and new exhaust...

194.4 is all i'm saying at the moment.

Full reviews, pics and vids coming soon :wink:

also, i'm wanting to do my diamond badges and callipers yellow, where did you get your paint from? i already have the yellow interior i.d pack and that yellow looks like a perfect match... :smile:

also, i'm wanting to do my diamond badges and callipers yellow, where did you get your paint from? i already have the yellow interior i.d pack and that yellow looks like a perfect match... :smile:

AE0040047E8.jpg

Available from B&Q etc.

Ok, so time for a quick update.

TDF is currently running an offer with their exhausts systems, and I wanted a remap from them next year anyway, but I decided to get it done sooner rather than later as the offer seemed to good to refuse.

Anyway, spoke to Matt on the Tuesday, booked in for the following Saturday.

Firstly the exhaust pics:

20120811135542.jpg

20120811143019.jpg

Overall, i'm really happy with how the exhaust sounds. I opted for the normal road use one, I didn't want to bother with the complications of not having a cat etc. The tone is a really nice rumble and proper throaty. But not so unbearble that you can't live with it on a daily basis. It does sound really good from inside the car. Especially through the gears and cruising at 70 isn't deafening at all.

I'll get a couple of vids up when I can, more than likely next week.

So secondly, onto the re-map. Obviously TDF's maps speak for themselves, so I'll let the pictures do the talking:

20120811142907.jpg

20120814200912.jpg

20120814200904.jpg

Matt put the 'zorst on first, and dyno'd the car, it came in at around 189. After a few tweaks it peaked at 194.4BHP. To be honest, I'm really chuffed with that. A nice strong engine. The biggest gain for me is between 5-6k though. As you can see, it was running really rich, but Matt smoothed it and and I've a massive gain of about 12-15bhp in that rev range which is amazing. You can really tell it as well.

So all in all, a good saturday, really chuffed with the car.

Onto the comestics side.

So the day after I fitted my shiney new spoiler, I ran straight into a kurb and cracked it. Weren't chuffed! Spoke to Spray Shack about it, and the short story is, it needs re-doing. But it's going to have to be sanded down and re-done which means I'll loose the carbon effect on the splitter. I'm not happy with that...so today I called up the good man that is Karl and placed an order for a new front splitter and side skirts. The plan is now to change the splitter and keep everything in black, possibly going to do the "Renaultsport" in yellow instead BUT going with Yellow Wheels?!! Massivly brave move if I do this as it's going to stand out hugely on a black car, so it's something I need to give some serious consideration. The original plan was to refurb them gloss black and have yellow skirts all round...but it's simply not cost effective.

So that's where I am at, at the moment. I'll get some footage up of the lights and exhaust soon.

See ya's at Trax :smile:

You're turning into a site trader lol

ha ha no I did check with them before hand

I really like your yellow touches mate, the splitter looked cool in yellow but its your car at the end of the day so I look forward to seeing whatever you choose to do

Last edited:
Ok, so small and disappointing update.

Fitted the new stuff today, and this is how she stands.

20120819173121.jpg

20120819173030.jpg

20120819173052.jpg

So i feel a bit underwhelmed. - I know the Yellow-ness wasn't too everyones taste, but I loved it and it made my car stand out.

I might get it done next year still, it's not an impossibility, or I might keep it as it as it could grow on me, but not sure. At the moment I just feel a bit :sleep:

I could get some more stickering done to tie in the yellow, or yellow wheels...but dunno.

Oh, added the Wind Deflectors, I like those. Added some Iridium bulbs as well.

20120819160622.jpg

Apart from that....*sad face*

I like that but like you said mate I liked the yellow splitter aswell still a very good looking car mate..
How much are the skirts I mite be tempted with some of these

I love it:wink: It's so individual that to me makes it stand out.I want the side skirts and splitter on mine.And you have to get more snickering done:jase:

It needs a spoiler. Looks very bottom heavy atm, a cup spoiler with yellow carbon dipped tips would look awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
1 Gallery 11
Glenn_Adam_Doble Spotted 0