REDLINE TUNING air filter setup

Does seem a big amount from a filter considering I got 3BHP from a custom set up but I guess thats their business so they know their apples!

Although, this temp sensor they played with?? Whats that? Those cheap chips you buy of ebay that claim they give you BHP alter this. It works by fooling your car into running lean.

Its also what mappers do (properly) as they run rich as STD so if he has tweaked that then in effect, he has mapped it to suit the airbox by adjusting the AFR. Why he would do that via the temp sensor though is strange!

Anyway pal, I cant wait to see pics.... :wink: :wink:

yea look forward to the pics mate not a bad increase and as you say about it sounding lean must be nice ti listen to when you poot ya foot down

Does seem a big amount from a filter considering I got 3BHP from a custom set up but I guess thats their business so they know their apples!

Although, this temp sensor they played with?? Whats that? Those cheap chips you buy of ebay that claim they give you BHP alter this. It works by fooling your car into running lean.

Its also what mappers do (properly) as they run rich as STD so if he has tweaked that then in effect, he has mapped it to suit the airbox by adjusting the AFR. Why he would do that via the temp sensor though is strange!

Anyway pal, I cant wait to see pics.... :wink: :wink:
he saide hes bypassed temp sensors not sure which one, he prob has remapped it to the air box with what he was saying to me when i picked it up,

last night was the first proper run in the with the air filter on, its def made a difference with the throttle response seems to pick abit lower down nohing major but def feels better, just cant get over the sound it sounds the nuts, went thru dartford tunnell with me mate in his decatted st170 and you could still hear my air filter over his lol, love it!!!

this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

Would be nice if the "guy" from Redline could post what he's acutally done to your car. Speculating what has been done is a bit :blink::huh:

i spoke to this bloke at redline last month,he spoke about maps,filters,etc.it was when he started saying about tricks he could do to the car,like bypass sensors and so on that i thought maybe this aint my kind of place.would like to see pics of this induction he has made and whats feeding it.i am still looking for a company that really knows what it is doing with the 197 rather than playing with it.only my opinion.good luck with car mate and hope its cool.

if you think about it by-passing a sensor is not that far removed from having an ecu reprogrammed or any of the plug in "intercepter" type engine mapping devices

i suppose your right really,but it is hard to find a good company down hear in essex.seems to be plenty that have a go,but no real experts in RS.