Possibly going to be made redundant, hoping good things are coming!

Arran

I Love Lamp
Platinum Member
My manager rang me today and told me I have to attend a meeting in Walsall on Wednesday morning.n His words were 'Do you need 2 guesses as to what it's about?'

Of course, I didn't, I needed just the one. Redundancy.

Ever since the stupid company that is e.on, took over CHN who I worked for before as an apprentice, they've made a hash of absolutely everything. It has been a long time since the company as it was before, or now, has broken even, let alone made a profit. Most months we have been making a considerable loss.

Contract after contract, people have been losing their jobs, or moving to the company that has won the contract. There used to be loads of workers, with about 6 offices in the West Midlands. Now there is one office and the number of employees is about a quarter of what it was.

The last contract to fall was last week, but the guys working there were taken over to the new company. I was in the same position last year, but managed to scath through with my job.

This time I think I am in a very vulnerable position, I may not have a job come Wednesday. Infact, I think everyone working in the part of the company I work for is.

I don't know what I'm going to do, the Clio costs me enough and is by far the biggest spend I make every month. So in other words, it may have to be sold and I might have to buy a banger! I will be gutted if it does happen.

I guess I'm jumping the gun a little, I need to wait for Wednesday.

How much does everyone think it'd be worth?

197 FF, 2009 58 plate.
23k, 2 dealer stamps in the book, 3 owners (first 2 Renault),
Bluetooth and projectors, recent wheel refurb and 2 brand new tyres, sport spoiler.
Very Good condition.

Last edited:
sorry to here this Arran hope its not but it sounds like you know it is
gutted for ya

You never know what the details will be you might end up moving over with the contract like everyone before you, TBH thats prob the best thing you can do if your current company is on its knees. If you get a pay out I wouldn't worry about selling straight away. You will know more about it on wed so try not worry too much - I know its impossible not to but it might be the start of a good opportunity :smile:

bad times mate.
the ONE thing going for the armed forces is it is pretty much guaranteed. you, pretty much, can't get kicked out!!

Sorry to hear this Arran!

Don't think about selling the Clio until you have had the meeting and you know the outcome, hopefully it won't be as bad as you think!

Good luck anyway! :uk:

bad times mate.
the ONE thing going for the armed forces is it is pretty much guaranteed. you, pretty much, can't get kicked out!!

with this lot in charge...............no one is safe!!

i have been "made surplus" and i am facing the door...so i know how you feel

with this lot in charge...............no one is safe!!

i have been "made surplus" and i am facing the door...so i know how you feel

someone needed to get a grip of the countries financies. we're just being dug out from a ridiclous defecit which was labour-induced.

and only fatties are not safe in the army, who shouldn't be in anyway.... :smile:

sorry to hear what ur going thru, been thru similar myself and i know its tough either way. fingers crossed ull be ok x

Sorry to hear this Arran, hopefully they'll either offer you a good package or they'll be able to at least give you enough to tide you over for a good few months so you can at least find something, anything, to do in the meantime to keep the cash flow going. I wouldn't wish redudancy on anybody, you never know, they might just be telling you there's some cut backs but it might not neccessarily be you.

Arran - I'm not sure we're in the same line of work, but if the worst happens I'd be happy to put your name forward to anyone I know. Qualifications are one thing, but being a decent person is a whole other thing in my book.