Possibly going to be made redundant, hoping good things are coming!

If he did this himself selling the clio would be for definate as the costs are very high, best of trying to get into another energy supplier and getting them to get you retrained however his qualifications are always in demand, Also nobody knows which renewable source is going to take off, Its already been said that solar is a write off.

Aran keep an eye on the BG job site mate.
http://www.britishgasjobs.co.uk/

are yopu emploey directly by Eon at the mo?

I think you may have misunderstood me :smile:

24 positions are being created in renewable engineering and they are going to the most suitable people. I was suggesting it as a future plan to increase his skills and open up more opportunities.

Arn't some houses built with solar power now?

I have had an interview (if you can call it that?????) today with a different company. I think it went well, the guy just talked to me for 45 minutes basically, telling me about the job and kind of work I'd be doing rather than asking me questions about myself and how I would handle situations etc. He even went in to the details about what van I would likely get and little things like that. So I think that's a good sign? It is a lot more money than I am on now and is similar work to what I am used to.

I also had a meeting with my manager, but he didn't really know much more than we did 2 weeks ago! He just asked me about if I would be interested in working for a different part of the company. Some good news is that he is almost 100% sure I will get the better redundancy package, which works out at considerably more than I would have done on the lower package.

So still not sure exactly what is going on just yet, hopefully the begging of next week will give me some great news!

Hope things work out for you Arran, do you know when you hear back from the company you had the interview with?

Fingers crossed for you Arran, I know it sounds dead cheesey but there's two kinds of people out there those who have to see to believe and those who have believe it to see it. I believe a lot in positive attitude, so think about your end goal and believe in it, I'm sure it will all come good for you :smiley:

I have had an interview (if you can call it that?????) today with a different company. I think it went well, the guy just talked to me for 45 minutes basically, telling me about the job and kind of work I'd be doing rather than asking me questions about myself and how I would handle situations etc. He even went in to the details about what van I would likely get and little things like that. So I think that's a good sign? It is a lot more money than I am on now and is similar work to what I am used to.

I also had a meeting with my manager, but he didn't really know much more than we did 2 weeks ago! He just asked me about if I would be interested in working for a different part of the company. Some good news is that he is almost 100% sure I will get the better redundancy package, which works out at considerably more than I would have done on the lower package.

So still not sure exactly what is going on just yet, hopefully the begging of next week will give me some great news!

I know it sounds daft but don't take this job until you have been made redundant otherwise you will miss out!

Hopefully hear back from them next week.
When I say considetably better package, I woud make the amount in 2 and a half months in the new job, so I think it would be worth leaving still tbh. It would just be a bit easier if I don't get a job.

Good news mate, hope it all goes well for you. It sucks being out of work! Although I could do with some time off lol!

Well folks, thanks for your words of encouragement. I have been extremely lucky and have secured a new job! I am so happy - the pay rise is amazing! I would be able to run 2 Clio's on the salary I'm going to be getting! Lol! I have also had a letter today from e.on saying that even if I leave the company before the end of the 90 days notice of redundancy, I will still get my severence pay! So I'll get a small wedge of money before moving to my new job too!

I feel so lucky at the moment. All this has come after I banged the car off a wall! Guess what I'm doing later! Just joking! I wouldn't purposely inflict damage to the beast! I'm just hoping and really anxious to start my new job and get the wait out of the way before something goes wrong. I don't start for another 6 weeks! It will be a long time to wait, so I've got my fingers, toes and anything else crossed!

Thanks again everyone for the support.

Arran.

Arran, just read the beginning of this thread and have just seen your update. Congratulations matey! That's excellent news about your severance as well!

Hope all goes well in the new job! Keep us posted on how it goes!!

Thanks guys, I think things are looking up. As I say, just need to get started to make sure it's completely secure!

That really is brilliant news Arran! Good work!

At least now you will be able to get a re-spray at the very least!! Or maybe a second car to inflict the damage on instead haha :smiley:

v6 engine swap! Lol! Just joking. Repair the bumper is the first, then we will see. Might wait until the warrenty is up and then lower it perhaps. We'll see.

So been in my new job now for 2 weeks. Kind of liking it, it's just the same as working for the company before, but with more pay, more hours, less holiday and new people. But at least I'm in a job and it pays better.

I was mega busy last week, I think basically they have a back log of calls that needed doing because today I have been doing crappy bits and bobs to fill my day in. The winter will be busy again though, so not all great!

My other job is very busy at the moment though too, so I have been working loads recently. Thanks for all the support, nice to have some good like minded people to talk too.