Personalised plates

E

Ed...

who has a personalised plate on there 197/200?

if you dont mind telling me how much was it?

im looking for 1 at minute but they all seem way overpriced

they are always overpriced for what they actually are - plastic with letters - but the actual value is sentimental. It what it means to you. There are two options really; get one specific to you, or get on specific to the car. With the car you will get more resale (probably) but it won't mean as much.

The only one I want is AST0N, for when I get my DBS lmao!

My girlfriend is getting one next week for her birthday.
It is the date of her birthday and her initials so she'll keep it on ever car she has.
Its a LETTER-NUMBER-NUMBER -- LETTER-LETTER-LETTER and for this it is costing £185 ish.
I'm not a fan but i would be tempted if something appropriate came up!

I would only buy a plate that is obviously a private plate. I don't see any point in a plate that you have to tell people is private, because it's not obvious

For example I would get something like H1 BEN but plates like these are mega money!

I will be putting my plate on the 200 when it arrives: MAZ **** its been on retention since the 182, wasn't too bad price wise and I like it and thats all that matters.

I think people know what mine is and what it says, basically my second name. Cost £245 from the DVLA which included the transfer fee. A mate of mine paid £2k for his plate, but it is a good one. Had it on finance. The good thing about them is that you get to keep it for ever. Unless you display it illegally, it's yours untill you sell it. So if you think about how many years you will be driving for, 60 years for example, £245 works out at just over 1p a day.

i think im going to get 1 that doesnt meen anything to me or the car but has the least letters and numbers I can find lol

Less digits = more expensive from my (limited) knowledge.

I quite fancy getting one, WT07 *** (WT = First Initials 0 = O Surname 7 = Football/Ice-hockey number)...

Anything like BYE, FUN or TOY at the end is daft money though. The best I've ever seen is MU51CAL, on a Mondeo ST of all things.

I do Woody yeah, I used to play ice-hockey at Altrincham and then at Flintshire but I stopped playing about 2 years ago due to working shifts. Made training midweek and playing weekends a nightmare. I was at Altrincham from 11-16 then had 3 years out and played at Flintshire from 19-22. I still keep up to date with the NHL though.

and ure in altrincham . . . . .. how come i never seen u at silverblades?

I've not spent much time at the new rink. I've played there a few times and used to trian there every now and then but not been for about a year...

Only had the Clio since May of this year. Do you play?

Ah quality!!!

When was that? After they changed ages from 12,14,16 to 13,15,18 I presume?

I played at Altrincham for the Spitfires (12s) , Tomahawks (14s) and Jets (16s) from '97-'01!!!

yeah it was a while ago lol i still have a mess around on monday nights with a few lads that used to play but dont anymore. we just spray eachother with check stops and basically goof around. its a good laugh u shud come 1 night

yeah that is good arron my name seems to be the most used name on earth though so they are all dear.

I was looking at RIA 197. RIA meens nothing to me but it still says 197 lol

mine is DWO7 RAW wifes initials then mine lol
oh 200 ithink she got it for xmas