Pav's Albi Blue 197T

ok all went really well again..cant fault my old girl..she performed really well although Tom did overtake me :thumb:
looks like his top mounts and wet set of tyres did the magic (plus the skills):sunglasses:
it was a wet day so had to be very careful as the track was very slippy..the marshals had to stop the race a few times due to some drivers ending up in the wall or on the grass..nevertheless,it was great way to celebrate my bday..
fyi-the GY Assymetric 3 are not a good wet/track tyre..!!struggled for grip all day really..
cant really comment on the braces as it was very wet to test my car to its limits..one thing it's clear though..the rear feels a bit more compact/solid as one unit if you know what i mean..
just a few pics as the rest will be provided by Tom's mate soon.

P_20161112_121320_1_p.jpg P_20161112_124059_1_p.jpg P_20161112_124114_1_p.jpg P_20161112_124214_1_p.jpg P_20161112_124223_1_p.jpg P_20161112_124339_1_p.jpg P_20161112_124355_1_p.jpg P_20161112_124404_p.jpg P_20161112_124522_1_p.jpg P_20161112_153403_1_p.jpg

Nice pics Pav and glad you enjoyed the day.....even if it was wet. Great to hear the witch was faultless again too.

Sure beats working !!

Reactions: Pav
Looks like hell of a good day.
Oulton is not far from me at all. If poped over if I known in advance.
Maybe next time.

Good to see you enjoyed your day Pav, despite the weather! Bet your orange wheels were sad to have had the day off :wink:

Looks like hell of a good day.
Oulton is not far from me at all. If poped over if I known in advance.
Maybe next time.
the winter is coming so no more track days for me till next year..if you want to we will let you know..get some track time done mate..its great
Good to see you enjoyed your day Pav, despite the weather! Bet your orange wheels were sad to have had the day off :wink:
they felt sorry for themselves..all covered up left in the corner..but hey ho at least i dont have to clean 8 wheels but just 4 tmr :poke:
thanks

thanks Sean..i have tons of vids..they just need editing so bare with me and i'll get on that at some point today (hopefully)

dont get me wrong Chris..they are good in the wet on public roads where you dont push them but on a track where you DO need good grip,they failed unfortunately..
Tom and his mate Chris ran the Uniroyal Raindport3 and they were much better off tbh..not so bad in the straight but in the corners i couldnt do a lot..
still a great experience..never done a wet track day before...glad i didnt end up in the wall like lots of guys did yday..

Well they are a dedicated wet tyre, with the F1's being an all season standard tyre. Get what you are willing to pay for I guess, perhaps if you do more wet track days you could invest in some..

Think you need some Pavster track number plates :smiley:

Really glad you had such a good day out Pav, I assumed you would love it seeing as you've been properly bitten by the track bug :wink: shame you were a little disappointed with the tyres, but glad it didn't spoil the say too much. Great photos, as always.

yeah as always Jimmy..gotta do a wet track day too so i know what its like..not as much fun as a dry day but still cool with everything else going on...
thanks

yeah as always Jimmy..gotta do a wet track day too so i know what its like..not as much fun as a dry day but still cool with everything else going on...
thanks

Those rainsports I had fitted where £51 a corner. By far the best tyres for wet track days. There was only a handful of the cars which actually managed to over take my clio on track yesterday. One of them being the cup racer.